HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

BSOD 0x00000001

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Damage

Damage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:05 PM

Summary: If I join a server, I can play one round with no problems, however after the server changes maps within a few minutes of the second map I get a 0x00000001 BSOD. I am able to play other games with no issues. The last 2 times were specifically on the second map of a server and within a minute or so of it starting. It crashes straight to a power off, no memory dump to analyze.

Steps to Reproduce: It happens on my system, within a few minutes on the second map of a server.

Frequency: 100%

Severity: For me, it is a 5 - but it might be highly isolated to my system.

System Specs: Win 7 64, i7 970, 24GB Ram, 240GB PCI-E SSD, GTX 570

Edited by Damage, November 09 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:09 PM

Monitor the heat on your system, because this sounds like it might be a safety shutdown to prevent overheating.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Damage

Damage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:24 PM

No heat issues, and I can run other intensive games/modeling etc. with no problem. I did notice I was running a low resolution though, so I bumped that up from 1280x720 I believe to my typical windowed 19200x1200 and it crashed within the first map of a server, fairly quickly only a few minutes of game play. This time I noticed the error was 0x000000D1 so there is that.

I am updating my video drivers to see if it makes any difference, and for the fun of it I will run a counter on my various temp sensors just to confirm it isn't an issue with that.

#4 Damage

Damage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:38 PM

Confirmed not heat. I was at 42c on CPU and 63c on video when it crashed this time. Also, using the latest nvidia drivers now.

#5 Damage

Damage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:19 PM

Ok, I set a camera to watch for the BSOD and this is what I found...

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0x0000000000000109, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF9900111625E)

ocz10xx.sys - Address 0xFFFFF9900111625E base at 0xFFFFF9900110E000, DataSt***(Can't see my straw was in the way :/ )
4f7e3402

So it looks like a problem with the PCI-E SSD I am running which explains why I am not getting a crash dump as well. But this issue only happens with this particular game.

I will look around a bit and see what I can figure out.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:07 PM

That's probably a bad driver issue. Is there an update for the driver or firmware available_

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#7 Wakkox

Wakkox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:06 AM

Deactivate PhysX

#8 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostWakkox, on November 10 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

Deactivate PhysX
This isn't a graphics driver that's causing the crash, this is a driver for OP's SSD. Notice the "ocz10xx.sys" bit_ That's the filename involved, and that's the driver for an OCZ SSD. This seems to be an occasional problem, and not just with Hawken.

It could be the SSD having problems or being defective, too. I hope not.

Make sure you've got the latest stable (not beta) drivers for your SSD, Damage.

#9 Damage

Damage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 07:43 AM

To Elix's credit, after messing with with my system a bunch I determined it was indeed a heat issue but with the actual SSD card itself. The fan I had pointed at the SSDs (the way my case is laid out, no other airflow option) passive radiator had failed. Turns out Hawken was just the first thing to really tax the SSD and the Video card (next to the SSD so + heat) enough to cause it to fail.

Moved some stuff around, put a new fan in - everything is running great. Sorry for the witch hunt.

Edited by Damage, November 10 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#10 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 10 2012 - 07:55 AM

Glad we could find the solution to the problem and help protect your computer from physical damage, then!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users