HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Brawler and Rocketeer Turret mode should be switched around_

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 WALSRU

WALSRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostDeu, on November 10 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I like it the way it is.

Said every Assault and Infiltrator pilot, ever

+1 to the OP and buffs plz

#22 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:19 PM

Gotta say I have a friend rocking the Brawler, and after finally leveling it up a little bit he claims to be regening roughly 10hp each second.
Said it has saved his life quite a few times, and he has scraped through battles with less than 100HP. That HP would not be there if he wasn't regening while in combat. This is with just one pip on the ability.

I think that the modes should stay on the mechs they are on already. However, I would like to see both modes buffed a little, maybe remove the restrictions on boosting, and instead have it cost double fuel_ This would allow C class mechs to be a much more formidable foe, capable of surviving much longer by simply dashing now and then.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#23 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostNitris, on November 12 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Gotta say I have a friend rocking the Brawler, and after finally leveling it up a little bit he claims to be regening roughly 10hp each second.
Said it has saved his life quite a few times, and he has scraped through battles with less than 100HP. That HP would not be there if he wasn't regening while in combat. This is with just one pip on the ability.

I think that the modes should stay on the mechs they are on already. However, I would like to see both modes buffed a little, maybe remove the restrictions on boosting, and instead have it cost double fuel_ This would allow C class mechs to be a much more formidable foe, capable of surviving much longer by simply dashing now and then.
Regen rate on Brawler (which has the healing turret) in that mode is 8 Armor/sec. It is possible it's boosted by levels, but I saw nothing to that effect in the files.

Edited by DarkPulse, November 12 2012 - 01:31 PM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#24 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:44 PM

Good to know the exact amount, thanks.

I wonder if it is boosted via leveling_ Hm.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#25 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:02 PM

I vote for the 'ol swap 'n buff, assuming the abilities aren't just reworked entirely.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#26 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:55 PM

+1
That, or let brawler change into his turret mode instantly.
Hawkins + Forti turret, kinda meh unless you're playing with firends/really good teamwork meaby.
Flak + Forti turret is useless, you'll get killed before you enter that mode or you can go into that mode somewhere away from the fight, but it's like saying "idk what i'm doing, rotfl".
But anyway atm i'm more concerned about inflirtrators and assaults shredding through my 900 armor with them being cornered and while hitting them with flak cannon (and TOW whenever i won;t hurt myself) at point blank range... it's hard even if i use shield to get a few free hits on them -.-' .
Luckily my sharpshooter can tear through those guys with ability up and slug+sabot combo... that is, if they don't get me off guard killing me in 3,5s (i like the idea of end level better/OP weapon but that's a little bit too much)

#27 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 15 2012 - 03:24 AM

It's be nice to be able to jump forwards and damage the enemy. No side dashes just a forward dash not a boost. It would be something simple way to buff the ability without having to scrap the C Class design.

Posted Image

#28 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 07:14 AM

We were having a very similar discussion that seems to have evolved to very similar conclusions:

http://community.pla...ird-bigger-gun/

(You can kinda ignore the title as the discussion "evolved" a little around mid-page 2...)

#29 Hipnox

Hipnox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostoSPANNERo, on November 15 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

We were having a very similar discussion that seems to have evolved to very similar conclusions:

http://community.pla...ird-bigger-gun/

(You can kinda ignore the title as the discussion "evolved" a little around mid-page 2...)

I would have used "derailed" but whatever

#30 3Jane

3Jane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 11:56 AM

They could be swapped as you said, it might even make sense but I don't really think it would fix the issue of these abilities being really poor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users