HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Bot support_

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 E_HOBA_666

E_HOBA_666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 09 2012 - 05:16 AM

I would love to see bot support as well. It really extends the shelf life of good multiplayer games. A lot of devs don't look down the road and consider what happens when there may not be as many online players. Then what_ If there are bots then people can continue to play on their own, without needing to find a match.

#22 MadMike

MadMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationWhere it snows and melts

Posted August 10 2012 - 12:18 AM

As far as I am aware, a 'horde mode' has been confirmed.
So is there really one being added at launch or down the road, Nitris_ If they pump out a hoard mode, human bots will be more easy to implement later on.
MadMike | Steam: (ask me!) | Wii U: madmikev2 | 3DS: 3823-8695-8435
SuperDuoBros. channel: http://www.youtube.c...uoBros/featured | UYA Gamers: http://steamcommunit...roups/uyagamers

#23 Xzile1

Xzile1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 05 2012 - 01:09 PM

It really sucks that programing a decent quality bot AI is such a hard task. I personally love fighting bots more then players (they talk alot less smack). But my problem is that the bot AI in most game is never smart enough to provide a real challenge. I like fighting bots as a way of practicing and measuring my progress. Starting  with a AI difficulty that beats you and playing till you can beat them, is always great practice.

I personally think it's worth the time and money to develop an AI that beats most players, something that actually challenges players, not an AI that was half assidly throw together just so you can say you have AI (IM LOOKING AT YOU RIOT)

#24 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted September 05 2012 - 03:07 PM

I don't know, I've never had much luck with bots as a practice tool. Sure, it'll help you learn the mechanics and basics of the game but the tactics required for human players are drastically different than the tactics required for AI players.
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users