HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Kicked for idling

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 DarkCrim

DarkCrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:11 PM

So was just in a game using Sharpshooter to snipe enenmy mech's and covering my team while spotting at the same time but because i was standing still the server kicked me for idling. Do hope this is a bug cause if as a Sharpshooter i find a good postion to be in to snipe,cover and spot for my team with no need to move and to be kicked for idling is a pain. :/

#2 iamhoshi

iamhoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:29 PM

same thing: http://community.pla...ivity-kick-out/
they think that sniper class should go close combat with berserker or heavy armed mech, sick!

#3 WhiteFire

WhiteFire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:33 PM

havent played so i wouldent know :mellow:

#4 apatios

apatios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:02 PM

guys, this is not a bug, people call it an anti-camper, even is you use the sharpshooter, it is insane to stay still for more than 1 minute, there is simply no point, move a little, avoid a rocket, don't camp and stay still! This has been reported in CBT1 and it has been kinda cleared up :P

#5 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:21 PM

Fun :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#6 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:06 PM

There are several really good camping spots and I have been getting decent kill stats as sharpshooter and have been disconnected several times also. I do not see this disconnect as a good feature especially if you are constantly firing your weapons. It should not be based on movement alone.

#7 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:26 PM

How long were you camping___ As of CBE2 I main a Sharpshooter and I've never had this problem. I have however found many excellent places to sit for a minute and snipe.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#8 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:30 PM

More than ten minutes and twelve kills plus many more assists for the last disconnect.

#9 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:38 PM

There is a three-minute idle/anti-camper kick. If you haven't moved from your position in three minutes and you're not dead, either the entire other team is blind, or you're not helping your team very much.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#10 Perma_Hexx

Perma_Hexx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:38 PM

Why have a sniper build if this happens_  If the other team is good they can come hunt me, force me to move.

#11 iamhoshi

iamhoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 11 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostElix, on November 10 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

There is a three-minute idle/anti-camper kick. If you haven't moved from your position in three minutes and you're not dead, either the entire other team is blind, or you're not helping your team very much.
please, 10-0 kills and you're telling "you're not helping your team very much". even if you're using your mouse constantly ( aiming, shooting ) you will be kicked out.
if you won't listen to community you will end up like crysis 2 - game was dead in a few weeks after release.

#12 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:41 AM

I just posted this problem as well.  I agree - if you are actively playing as a sniper (sharpshooter) then you should not be kicked for not physically moving your location - so long as you are actively playing , firing, defending, planting etc.  You should be allowed to stay in the game - if anything a warning like no camping allowed on this server to at least warn you.  And just  how much movement is enough movement_  Do you have to move a different section or just move a few feet_  Anyway, I was very dissapointed when I was kicked.  This is beta so this sort of thing is to be expected, but I believe a policy of no camping and kicking should be optional to the server administrator/game admin at the time of any match.  As is the case with most other games.  Thank you.

#13 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:46 AM

At this time, and for the foreseeable future, the server admin is Adhesive/Meteor, so this falls entirely within their discretion. It was the same in CBT1.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#14 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:09 AM

Yeah, sorry but this doesn't solve the issue.  The default here would be to not get kicked then if players don't have a say.  You shouldn't ask people to play a certain way.  And what is the mindset of having a no camping mentality_  Is this just personal preference_  Well, then I believe it should stay a personal thing.  Not to get huffy or anything and with all due respect to you guys who are doing a great  job, but please make host players available that can create servers  that don't adhere to this finality type of decision on the type of play allowed within your game.  Or simply have do and do not servers.  But please make a choice.  At some point it might behoove you guys to have or allow things like sniper wars in these games.  Either way, the no camping rule should go.  If people are afk, and are not moving at all (i.e. looking around aiming , firing, planting etc ) then yes certainly kick them out, but if they are actively playing - this really is a bad rule.  Thanks.  I know it's at your discretion, but playing this game is entirely mine - or should I say "OURS"_  Thank you.

#15 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:11 AM

Again, please I love this game and I'm just trying to point out that camping should not result in getting kicked and that their is a big differnce between being a camper and being AFK ( Away from the keyboard ).

Edited by THEDRIVEN, November 12 2012 - 07:15 AM.

#16 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 12 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have personally mentioned several times on the forums this weekend, and others have discussed it in the past, that Adhesive plans to release dedicated servers for the community to set their own up. However, that's unlikely to happen until near the end of Open Beta (depending on how long that period is) if not until release, so for the time being, you don't have a choice.

And, Hawken has two main categories of game mode: Deathmatch and map-objective. If you can sit your butt in one single spot for three minutes on an objective-map server, you had seriously better have enough exp to be in the top 3 of the leaderboard or you need to get off my team and stop wasting a slot..

#17 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostElix, on November 12 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

I have personally mentioned several times on the forums this weekend, and others have discussed it in the past, that Adhesive plans to release dedicated servers for the community to set their own up. However, that's unlikely to happen until near the end of Open Beta (depending on how long that period is) if not until release, so for the time being, you don't have a choice. [...]

Do you have any official source or link on that, please_ :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#18 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:54 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have a link, but I got it directly from TJ, lead engineer, in-game during the first half-hour or so of CBE2, after the servers opened. I hopped into the server named "Adhesive Live" and TJ was in there along with the first people to really play a match in CBE2, on Sahara.

I wish I had a link, but I didn't get a screenshot of the console or anything.

#19 Ratchet18O_o

Ratchet18O_o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:19 PM

Yea, the whole kicked for idling thing is pretty annoying. Especially when I tab out to write in a bug I found, only to come back in to find that I've been kicked for idling. -_-

#20 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostRatchet18O_o, on November 12 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yea, the whole kicked for idling thing is pretty annoying. Especially when I tab out to write in a bug I found, only to come back in to find that I've been kicked for idling. -_-
Fortunately, that should be less of a problem during Open Beta, since hopefully we won't have to be submitting nearly as many bug reports! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users