HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Questions / Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 20 2011 - 01:32 PM

Have you guys considered any kind of counter-meassures and/or short duration force fields_. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#2 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 01:45 PM

I have a feeling, that in a game such as this, that unless everyone had access to it, that the people who did have it would have this insane advantage in health and survivability. Adhesive has already stated they do not want more skilled players having access to better stuff just because they've been on longer. On top of that, this game feels to me as if it is more "symmetrical," or that everything is evenly balanced, so that everyone has access to the same stuff. Take, for example, Bloodline Champions as something similar in those regards.

#3 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 20 2011 - 03:53 PM

Just to say that I was referring to the possibility of having counter-meassures and/or E shields as basic equipment and for the ground zero player.

Indeed.. would be certainly unfair to have advanced players freely camping around with such deadly and exclusive content.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#4 TMRNetShark

TMRNetShark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 04:04 PM

Yeah, unless everyone has access to from the get go, I wouldn't see it being in the game.
"We use the whole bullet, that's 65% more bullet per bullet!"

#5 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 20 2011 - 04:07 PM

I think it would work well as an extra sub-system and which could apport some extra coolness factor and new tactics to this game.

Posted Image

#6 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yes, I don't have a problem with their being more stuff. It's just that Adhesive has stated they would like everyone on an even playing field, so if these features were included (regular old grenades are already confirmed), they would be available to everyone. They also said that their would be some form of unlockables, if these will be purely aesthetic or affect gameplay is still an unknown however.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users