HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Primary Weapon Lvl__

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Thrilled

Thrilled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:15 PM

Greetings,

Now I have played two betas sofar and still I fail to see what the primary/alternative/secondary weapon lvls do__

I see no difference in stats when you level them up. So can some kind soul explain what they actually do_

Thanks in advance!

/T

#2 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:18 PM

I don't think weapon levels are properly implemented yet. So they do nothing at the moment.

#3 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostLithium03, on November 10 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I don't think weapon levels are properly implemented yet. So they do nothing at the moment.

Second post I've seen you respond to. And I question this as well

As far as I know/see on here, level are working as intended. Whether you "see" them or not.

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:46 PM

The weapons get buffs like rate of fire, increased cooldown speed, etc. However, the tooltips are not yet enabled/working, so it's difficult to tell.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hm so far only way to tell is to get someone who has the same weapon unleveled and test it next to a lvl 1-3 weapon.  This way you can discern firerate,damage or heat increase.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#6 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:40 AM

A dev commented on this in the CB1 forum when I asked.  Apparently levels buff stats (damage, heat etc.) but the tooltip doesn't show you the effects yet.

(Yes, I am trying to avoid launching into another tirade about the banality of merely stacking yet more buffs on stuff as a reward for progression, mostly because I know that the message has been received loud and clear and it's pointless kicking off about something that will likely be changing.  I'll reserve my ire for then. ;) )

#7 ForTheTrees

ForTheTrees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postdefekt, on November 11 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

A dev commented on this in the CB1 forum when I asked.  Apparently levels buff stats (damage, heat etc.) but the tooltip doesn't show you the effects yet.

(Yes, I am trying to avoid launching into another tirade about the banality of merely stacking yet more buffs on stuff as a reward for progression, mostly because I know that the message has been received loud and clear and it's pointless kicking off about something that will likely be changing.  I'll reserve my ire for then. ;) )

the benefit isnt significant enough to warrant people whining about it. play a few games and you will have the same bonuses in no time...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users