HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Any pay for options to continue help development_

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zomnivore

Zomnivore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 07:07 PM

I like how tf2's hats added incentive for the dev's to put more content in at a faster rate (however the styles didn't stay with the game and sad face was had; disliked the addition of weapons with different stats but hey they were gettable)

Is there any way that for instance, custom paint jobs etc could be added, to help fund other content, like new mechs, weapons, and maps_ (league of legends is also a good example...except its free to play and that's sort of different)

Modding tools are a must if map diversity is to be had, tf2 has definitely profited from the larger life spawn of the game via its investments in community.(love dodge ball mod and other community maps/items)obstacle courses...etc.

Really want the community to pump in content for this game, and really want the devs to have a reason to keep their fingers on this game, instead of working on another product.

#2 TMRNetShark

TMRNetShark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 07:22 PM

A modding environment or even a map maker would be wonderful. I would love to play other people's maps along with my own maps that I create. 7 maps that come with the game is great, but imagine 100's of maps to be played (like ce_crackhouse from CS). A mapping tool at the very least will expand the longevity of this game a hundredfold.
"We use the whole bullet, that's 65% more bullet per bullet!"

#3 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 06:58 AM

While it would be nice to have a map editor ingame, since the engine they are using is the UE3, I believe if it were possible, that they would have to program it within the game. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I would rather them prioritize gameplay right now, and if there was time for a map editor ingame, they could release it as DLC or a patch.

#4 Zomnivore

Zomnivore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 12:26 PM

Yes with small dev teams its probably best to focus on the core game atm. however life span of games are short things without community imput, Monday Night Combat was really living on steam... but people didn't get to put in maps, have good server controls etc. Really brought the game lower than what it could be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users