HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Did turrets get buffed_

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dyson

Dyson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:54 PM

Is it just me or are turrets doing way more damage and way harder to kill_  I am not the only person in the servers saying this so I don't think I"m imagining it...

#2 Keekenox

Keekenox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationThe internetz

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:12 PM

I think you may be right, accept for the harder to kill part.
"A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet."
Wandering gun #45

#3 Dyson

Dyson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:19 PM

I could be wrong but i remember 2 grenades killing a turret but now it's like 2 grenades and a tiny bit of anything else...  I know that's not really a scientific measure though :P

#4 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:27 PM

I dont think they were buffed. However, they are too strong in the first place :P (should at least appear on the mini map)
Posted Image

#5 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostDyson, on November 10 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

I could be wrong but i remember 2 grenades killing a turret but now it's like 2 grenades and a tiny bit of anything else...  I know that's not really a scientific measure though :P
If you are talking grenades from the secondary weapon then yes it will take more to kill a turret, but that's because the launcher was changed, it does a bit less damage but can be fired more often.

#6 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted November 10 2012 - 11:19 PM

The rocket turret needs to be looked at, It can't hit a still target, and when it does, it barely does damage.
The machine gun turret is overpowered. it can chew through 300 hp in the time it takes to destroy it with an assault rifle.

There have been times where I just drop the turret and start repairing, and people can't kill me while I'm repairing before the turret tears them to pieces.
Posted Image

#7 Dyson

Dyson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 10 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostLithium03, on November 10 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

View PostDyson, on November 10 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

If you are talking grenades from the secondary weapon then yes it will take more to kill a turret, but that's because the launcher was changed, it does a bit less damage but can be fired more often.

View PostUrvanis, on November 10 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

it can chew through 300 hp in the time it takes to destroy it with an assault rifle.

That explains a lot.  I remember I used to be able to 1v1 someone pretty ez even if they drop a turret.  Mostly fighting from cover but if i came out for a second or two I wouldn't die right away.  Also I could pop a couple grenades on it and it would be down.  Now it seems like if someone drops a turret and I don't have one, it's a death sentence.

Edited by Dyson, November 10 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#8 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 12:28 AM

MG Turrets seem to have gotten a lot better, luckily they still are pretty harmless if you aren't near them. Getting anywhere close to it is a terrible mistake if it is pointing in your general direction, being within Flak Cannon effective range is just horrible. I've noticed a lot more deaths and kills, from and with respectively these Turrets. If you're about mid-range or anywhere further, they're still pretty pitiful. They hold serious ground in Deathmatch though, way more than they used to.

Now Rockets need some help, considering how MGs are very apparent in their success at killing light mechs, and doing morbid things to anything heavier. Like Urvanis said, it has some sad damage and accuracy, which doesn't bode well on top of slow fire rates. They would be such a nice ranged support item, maybe if the rocket could go in a mostly straight flight path homing on a target, it'd be much better.

#9 TheAriDee

TheAriDee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:06 AM

I actually have gotten some lucky kills with it recently, and noticed how stealthy it seems to do damage.

Can barely tell i'm getting hit by one until it's time to run.

#10 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 11 2012 - 03:39 AM

The rocket turret needs to be looked at, It can't hit a still target, and when it does, it barely does damage.
The machine gun turret is overpowered. it can chew through 300 hp in the time it takes to destroy it with an assault rifle.

There have been times where I just drop the turret and start repairing, and people can't kill me while I'm repairing before the turret tears them to pieces.

You're doing it wrong, 1 secondary shot and a sprinkle of assault rifle kills it before it can do ~100 damage, give or take optimizations/internals.

#11 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostLithium03, on November 11 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

You're doing it wrong, 1 secondary shot and a sprinkle of assault rifle kills it before it can do ~100 damage, give or take optimizations/internals.

I just heat cannon/ grenade them and destroy them instantly. That example was to give an idea of its dps vs other autos.

Edited by Urvanis, November 11 2012 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted November 11 2012 - 10:05 PM

A TOW and short chain burst still drops them no problem. Just watch out for people placing them through walls, then they don't show up and you can only damage them with explosive damage.

#13 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:51 AM

View PostSkylead, on November 11 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

A TOW and short chain burst still drops them no problem. Just watch out for people placing them through walls, then they don't show up and you can only damage them with explosive damage.

I've never seen that before, but sounds like a bug report.
Posted Image

#14 Celros

Celros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:26 AM

I think their a bit too powerful too at the moment, you can pretty much do areas impassable almost if you know how use turret. If their meant that way, its other thing. But getting downed with defence skills and internals, it makes things quite hard...
Bring it on! :)

#15 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostSkylead, on November 11 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

There's also sneaky sobs who drop a turret and then drop a hologram on top of it so if becomes really hard to discern why the enemy you think you're shooting at isn't dropping any health, while yours is racing down at alarming rates.
Especially at mid range this becomes insanely confusing as you can't really hear the chattering of the turret at such ranges, so it makes a lot of folks go 'huh _'.
Seen a few teammates go down and then start shouting 'Cheater in the game!' and leave due to this nonsense.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, November 14 2012 - 02:54 AM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#16 Spawny

Spawny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:16 AM

The turret thingie becomes rather effective when you drop one in the middel of a brawl.
Most pilots are too busy to notice the turret firing at them and since they're pretty close, it hurts.

Happened to me yesterday. I missed the turret just around the corner. A turret at a few meters eats through the armour of an A class. Only when I saw the death message I realised there was also a turret firing at me.
Alpha 2 B-Class Bruiser
Closed Beta 1 C-Class Brawler
Closed Beta 2 A-Class Berzerker
Closed Beta 3 A-Class Scout

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users