HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Wait time between matches is too long

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: How long is the wait between matches_ (51 member(s) have cast votes)

How long is the wait between matches_

1. Too Long (29 votes [56.86%])

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

2. Just Right (20 votes [39.22%])

Percentage of vote: 39.22%

3. Too Short (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dyson

Dyson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:57 PM

I posted this in closed beta 1 and I'm posting it again because i keep seeing the server completely empty out as soon as a match is finished.  Nobody wants to wait 3 minutes to play again so everyone leaves to join another match.

If you view this topic, please vote

Edited by Dyson, November 10 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#2 EmFire

EmFire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:34 PM

Should be 15- 20 seconds max. Since there is no ability to change or upgrade your mech in the lobby there is no purpose for a long wait. If the complete garage were accessible while in a lobby i could see a 1 to 2 minute wait being fine.

#3 Mist_thevampire

Mist_thevampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:36 PM

yea i'd be willing to say 30 seconds max this is just way too long i feel like for such a fast paced game it has the slowest lobby rematch system ever.

#4 Ferret06

Ferret06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 02:13 AM

Agreed.

Wait is a little on the long side, It's not as if you can pop to your garage to add tech points between rounds. (if you lvl'd up)

#5 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:52 AM

I reckon we should be allowed to pop into the garage in between matches. That'd make the wait less painful.

Honestly I'm on the fence. When people are silent, well yeah its a pretty long 30 seconds. Though when there's some chatter going on, its not so bad.

#6 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:18 AM

The time between rounds is nice. It's not too quick that you miss all the stats and not to slow that you rip your hair out. The only thing that delays it is when people don't ready up the beginning of the next round. Which is not the fault of the count down timer between rounds. That is people not getting ready for the new round. I know sometimes I am part of that problem as we try to get our friends all onto the same team so we don't ready up until we manage it or it starts automatically.

As it stands, the actual count down timer between rounds isn't crazy long. If I remember right it is like 30-45 seconds long. You can wait longer at street lights than you do between rounds. If you need instant gratification there are many other tools out there for you to enjoy.

#7 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:20 AM

I feel it's right as it is now. Gives you time to visit the fridge and grab a drink, to mention some case..

Edited by The_Silencer, November 11 2012 - 07:21 AM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#8 She

She

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationJersey, CI

Posted November 11 2012 - 11:50 AM

I probably wouldn't have an issue with the length of the post-match period if I could use the garage, simple as. I assume the devs will patch this option in at some point.

#9 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:40 PM

I agree with the above poster.  Time is perfect right now IF I could change my optimizations or mess around in the garage between matches.

Edited by Timber_Wolf, November 11 2012 - 01:42 PM.

Chicks dig giant robots.

#10 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 11 2012 - 02:14 PM

I like the idea of adding the ability to use the garage and leaving the time as it is. It allows for an opportunity for people to chat a bit which can facilitate community growth.
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#11 Dyson

Dyson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on November 11 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

I feel it's right as it is now. Gives you time to visit the fridge and grab a drink, to mention some case..

I think this is the reason it takes so long for people to ready up when the next round starts.  The wait is so frickin long people get up and leave and come back.

#12 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:55 PM

The only problem I see is that it doesn't automatically start when everyone readies up. The count down is what it is either way. Gives me a chance to go to the bathroom though....so I don't mind it

:P

#13 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:54 PM

Three minutes in between matches_ What_ The longest I've ever waited was around 30 seconds. Either Hawken is bending the space-time- continuum, or somebody's over-exaggerating.
Posted Image

#14 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 10:54 PM

I thought the timing was too slow until I started playing with friends. Considering matches last about 30-50 minutes 40 seconds of talking about what just happened seems perfect to me right now.

Would definitely want the ability to visit the garage during this time though.
Desert Fox

#15 Tezkat

Tezkat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 03:20 AM

View Postz121231211, on November 11 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I thought the timing was too slow until I started playing with friends. Considering matches last about 30-50 minutes 40 seconds of talking about what just happened seems perfect to me right now.

That's a good point. The wait feels pretty long if you're alone and everyone else is quiet, but you sometimes get some nice post-match chatter going.
Live Open Beta gameplay and commentary on twitch.tv/Tezkat...

More HAWKEN gameplay videos at Mech.TV.

#16 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 12 2012 - 04:10 AM

As somebody in this thread mentioned: it wouldn't be so bad if we could visit the garage and makes changes.

Another subject I know but the garage-between-matches option needs to be added as I am tired of having to drop out of a match to change my functional items etc.

#17 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 12 2012 - 05:46 AM

I find the waiting period after a match to be the proper length.

People might be leaving to adjust their mech or they just might have been used to the game crashing and the end of games.

Start time on new maps should be lowered in my opinion. I don't understand why The game won't countdown as soon as the minimum amount of ready's are acquired.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#18 Spawny

Spawny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:10 AM

Wait time is perfect.

Waiting for everyone to press "Ready" is annoying and takes a long time mostly.
Alpha 2 B-Class Bruiser
Closed Beta 1 C-Class Brawler
Closed Beta 2 A-Class Berzerker
Closed Beta 3 A-Class Scout

#19 Makhaon

Makhaon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:26 AM

I guess I'm the only one that likes to read the stats for the match and thinks that the time is too short. Maybe if there was a match history option, I'd go for a shorter wait time.

I also agree with those that think the garage should be available for upgrades or changes while waiting in the lobby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users