HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

For the love of god...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostInny, on November 11 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

The mute function doesn't even appear to work. I was suffering from the same situation. I muted every player in the game and I still heard them sniffing and grunting while their children screamed in the background. In the end I just turned off voice completely until current speakers are highlighted

You weren't on my team but I think I remember you posting in "all" chat for them to turn it off.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#22 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Postz121231211, on November 11 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

View PostRainier, on November 11 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

It... it's not push-to-talk by default anymore_!

OH LORD I'M SO SORRY YOU ALL HAD TO LISTEN TO MY EXCLAMATIONS-
Was it ever_ Push-to-talk has always been off by default.

I agree though, it should be on by default or forced.

For me push to talk has always been on my default.  I've checked it a few times. Though I need to find someone to do a mic check with me.  I don't know how sensitive the game settings are so will have to do that.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#23 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:37 AM

View PostDDwarrior, on November 12 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

View Postz121231211, on November 11 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

View PostRainier, on November 11 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

It... it's not push-to-talk by default anymore_!

OH LORD I'M SO SORRY YOU ALL HAD TO LISTEN TO MY EXCLAMATIONS-
Was it ever_ Push-to-talk has always been off by default.

I agree though, it should be on by default or forced.

For me push to talk has always been on my default.  I've checked it a few times. Though I need to find someone to do a mic check with me.  I don't know how sensitive the game settings are so will have to do that.
I remember having to turn it on when the first beta came out, it has stayed on since then, though my other audio settings were saved as well.

Edited by z121231211, November 12 2012 - 06:38 AM.

Desert Fox

#24 UjestShurly

UjestShurly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSterling Heights MI, USA

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:59 AM

I would just like my VoIP to work, has never worked beginning with alpha...
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

#25 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:26 AM

Not much to say in here. This should be mandatory.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#26 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:42 PM

I inadvertently wrote to the wrong topic before.

View PostHouruck, on November 11 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

My last match was really annoying because one of my teammates microphone was on all the time. We heard him as he typed, coughed and breathed like Darth Vader and we could not tell who it was because the server was full (it was a real clusterbunny on MA-Titan). We heard him even after the match ended, the "Enemy Sighted" sound stuck and it was repeated by Lord Vader's mic.

Edit: I did not realised this was in the CBE1 forums. Sorry, This happened in CBE2 to me.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#27 Vertigo

Vertigo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMontréal, Québec

Posted November 12 2012 - 03:37 PM

Making it so it's easy and intuitive to mute people should be one of the easiest things to code for a multiplayer game, but it's often overlooked by developers.

I need a way to mute those frigging mouth-breathers!

Edited by Vertigo, November 12 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

#28 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 13 2012 - 07:42 AM

Since they have a lot of hope for this game I can't imagine them not having the mute function work properly or setting the chat to show who's speaking.  Hopefully in CB3 this'll be one of the things they add or fix.

#29 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:32 AM

It would also be nice to have an indication of when you're talking. Most of the time, Kiwi is uncertain as to if his mic is even broadcasting at all.

Also, having such a thing on might tip people off to the fact that they're on open mic.
Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#30 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostTheChaffeemancer, on November 13 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

It would also be nice to have an indication of when you're talking. Most of the time, Kiwi is uncertain as to if his mic is even broadcasting at all.

Also, having such a thing on might tip people off to the fact that they're on open mic.
That's the biggest issue I have with open mic, Enemy spotted and Need Assistance... you can't tell WHO is doing it! There is absolutely no accountability and it results in a far less fun game. I know we can mute people, but WHO do I mute_ I'd do it if I knew who was being annoying or has their mic open.
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#31 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted November 13 2012 - 08:53 PM

I do know where everyone is coming from, and I do also believe that PTT should be the default if it's not (I honestly don't recall if it is or not, I always check my audio settings and turn that type of thing on if it's present).

The biggest issue I can see right now with those who have the mic open all the time is that it's possible they are not even hearing anyone else complain about it.  I've noticed a somewhat disappointing trend with people, especially with those who record/stream: they turn off the pilot voices, especially when recording.

I do understand not wanting their commentary being drowned out by others, but turning it down would be good enough IMO.  Muting everyone else doesn't help anyone when playing a team match, and if you accidentally set your mic to be open (or the bit got flipped somehow), being able to be told that it's on would be a good thing.  Yes, there is chat, but if you are in the middle of a good match, you aren't going to want to take your hands off the mouse and movement keys.

Edited by bacon_avenger, November 13 2012 - 08:53 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#32 SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:56 PM

Necro-bump.

I/we had this issue of a player on our team with an open mic yesterday; it made the game almost unbearable. What's worse is that the 2 or 3 other guys with mics ( set to push to talk ) even figured out who it was by watching their shooting & the sounds coming from the open mic- dispirited yelling at them for 10 minutes to turn off their mic they were totally oblivious as you cannot hear your own mic input in-game.

There needs to be an icon in the HUD when you are 'transmitting', making players aware that their mic is live and everyone can hear them, their kids, dog & crappy music constantly. The ability to mute or kick players if they don't turn off their mic is essential once the game goes to open beta as the number of guys with mics and headsets with no-doubt greatly increase.

Push to talk should certainly be default as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users