HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Do you have fun playing Hawken_

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Opinion (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Hawken satisfies your expectations_

1. Totally! It's above and beyond all expectations! (31 votes [34.44%])

Percentage of vote: 34.44%

2. Yeah. It's a game like I expected. (13 votes [14.44%])

Percentage of vote: 14.44%

3. Yes but I expect more for the final version. (37 votes [41.11%])

Percentage of vote: 41.11%

4. Kind of. At least it makes fun. (6 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

5. No. I see potential but it isn't used. (2 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

6. Not at all! It's a great disappointment! (1 votes [1.11%])

Percentage of vote: 1.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MrYeah

MrYeah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 10:18 AM

I don't get it.
Everything looks great: It has good graphics. I feel myself like in a real mech.
And yet it doesn't make fun at all.
Sometimes it's hard to actually find the enemies even if I see them in my radar. Sometimes I shoot the whole time, use every item and my ability and I die anyway.
And I don't have the feeling that I'm doing something. Killing someone or dying feels extremely neutral.
I hoped the seconds beta would fix this feeling but it didn't. And I don't think it'll change.
What do you think about Hawken_

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 11 2012 - 10:45 AM

I suggest playing a few rounds of Siege with players who give a bunny tail about actually completing the objectives and capturing the AA. On Sahara, it can be quite an intense fight, especially because the AA is built on ground level.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 RavenSol

RavenSol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:03 PM

i said kind of  mainly because  i was expecting a fast paced mech shooter  not a  insane paced  twiched  battle suit shooter.  The feel of the game is off it's to much like all the other fps  respawn fests that have been out for over a decade now.  If they would make it feel more like mechs and have a much greater penalty for death it would help seperate  it from the pac alot.  Or they could drop the mech part and call it a battle suit  game that would at least be inline with what they did.  If they would call it battle suit twich shooter  then fine  i'd give it much higher marks  since they nailed that feeling really well.

#4 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostMrYeah, on November 11 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

I don't get it.
Everything looks great: It has good graphics. I feel myself like in a real mech.
And yet it doesn't make fun at all.
Sometimes it's hard to actually find the enemies even if I see them in my radar. Sometimes I shoot the whole time, use every item and my ability and I die anyway.
And I don't have the feeling that I'm doing something. Killing someone or dying feels extremely neutral.
I hoped the seconds beta would fix this feeling but it didn't. And I don't think it'll change.
What do you think about Hawken_

If you are having trouble finding people I suggest moving around the maps. Each map so far has places of interest. If you control these places you can control the map.

For mech fighting I would recommend moving frequently(never stop). The best movement in the game is the thrusters. After a battle make sure to heal up. Having items doesn't mean you will win a fight as you have discovered. If you use that item in the correct situation you can have a huge advantage though. If you want an item with little skill, but a potential huge payoff I would look into the machine gun turrent. Depending on how the fight is going you may want to stop firing if you are almost over heating. I would recommend looking at the different mechs and try and determine what playstyle you want.

#5 Quidius

Quidius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostRavenSol, on November 11 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

i said kind of  mainly because  i was expecting a fast paced mech shooter  not a  insane paced  twiched  battle suit shooter.  The feel of the game is off it's to much like all the other fps  respawn fests that have been out for over a decade now.  If they would make it feel more like mechs and have a much greater penalty for death it would help seperate  it from the pac alot.  Or they could drop the mech part and call it a battle suit  game that would at least be inline with what they did.  If they would call it battle suit twich shooter  then fine  i'd give it much higher marks  since they nailed that feeling really well.

try getting a mic and cordinate with your team mates. coms will make all the difference in a game vs a team with out any.

also if its a battle suit you would wear it and not sit in it and pilot it. so no battle suit would not work for this game. example of a battle suit would be the MAX unit in Planetside2

#6 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 06:19 PM

I have been enjoying my play testing since Alpha2 and have enjoyed every bit of it. The dev team has been doing a decent job at putting out patches rather quickly. Though I know the beta testing has been about network stabilization and all that shenanigans, but I want to see more content come open beta.

Speaking of which I'm curious as to what the Vanguard Initiative will include for the different package options.

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#7 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 11 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostNIGHTRAV3N, on November 11 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

I have been enjoying my play testing since Alpha2 and have enjoyed every bit of it. The dev team has been doing a decent job at putting out patches rather quickly. Though I know the beta testing has been about network stabilization and all that shenanigans, but I want to see more content come open beta.

Speaking of which I'm curious as to what the Vanguard Initiative will include for the different package options.

This, exactly this.

Come on Vanguard!

#8 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm really enjoying my experience so far. I'm not even that good and get killed a lot, but have only played two days total. Still, the atmosphere and such makes it awesome to be a part of. I get my share of kill and, so far, have not worried too much about k-d ratio or what I'm earning. I remember playing UT from the get go, and this reminds me of those days.

#9 Flirx

Flirx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:42 PM

I have played for now 2 betas and I would have more fun if I could change out my weapons. Other then that I have fun with a good team. I think that I'm just to aggressive most times.
ЖFLIRXЖ

#10 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostFlirx, on November 12 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I think that I'm just to aggressive most times.

Heh...I am so there with ya. If I didn't want to just go nose to nose...I might do better

:D

#11 foldem

foldem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:23 PM

When the teams are well balanced and no one quits its a blast!

#12 D3thpool

D3thpool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postfoldem, on November 12 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

When the teams are well balanced and no one quits its a blast!

if this would only be MORE often.

If Teams are balanced for once (and not 3 vs 5 ) the Game is a blast to play.
Sadly i experienced quite the opposite for the most time:

Max lev. Mechs wiping the floor with the lower leveled.
too many leavers/ragequitters.
Sometimes suddenly there are only 2 people on my team (me included)
Mechs get stuck on terrain.

edit: doubt that ill stick around if stuff like teambalance or matchmaking stay like this

Edited by D3thpool, November 13 2012 - 01:27 PM.

"The World is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

H.P. Lovecraft

#13 UberWiggett

UberWiggett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:31 PM

Finally got a chance to play hawken during this closed beta, gotta say I loved it. It ran smoothly for me and the combat was intense and gratifying. I had a blast. Only got to play for a few hours and didn't get to try out my upgraded mech but looking forward to the next round of testing.

#14 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:56 PM

I was HAVING fun when everyone was the same level and a even playing field. But once everyone hit level 20 and i was level 9 the enjoyment died VERY fast!  In fact I won't even play anymore.

#15 D3thpool

D3thpool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 13 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

I was HAVING fun when everyone was the same level and a even playing field. But once everyone hit level 20 and i was level 9 the enjoyment died VERY fast!  In fact I won't even play anymore.

after playing some more games since my last post: same here.
"The World is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

H.P. Lovecraft

#16 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:26 PM

I've been one of those who have been honored with good teams in TDM games. I've also enjoyed overdrive TM games to the max. A lot of fun, indeed (and this is just the CB2 of the game!).

P.S. Although my Assault mech still needs some more of love, p l e a s e ! :P

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#17 Flirx

Flirx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:01 PM

I'm still not 20 and with a good plan I can take down a 20, but that is only if I have a team on my side. Its only fun when the teams are closely mached. Other then that its a fuzzy bunny fest.
ЖFLIRXЖ

#18 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostGestankfaust, on November 11 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

I'm really enjoying my experience so far. I'm not even that good and get killed a lot, but have only played two days total. Still, the atmosphere and such makes it awesome to be a part of. I get my share of kill and, so far, have not worried too much about k-d ratio or what I'm earning. I remember playing UT from the get go, and this reminds me of those days.

Many fond memories from my UT days B)...Hawken isn't UT but I love it just the same. Great atmosphere, great design and intense gameplay!

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#19 Tanks

Tanks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:42 PM

It's been a blast playing Hawken, especially with a clan it makes the game that much more fun but I do expect to see a lot more things added and fixed. If they keep listening to the communities feedback and regularly updating the game I can see it going a long way :P

Posted Image

#20 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 10:05 PM

Nope....no fun at all......weeeeeeeeeeee......................

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users