HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Physics_

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ecko69x

Ecko69x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 11 2012 - 03:27 PM

I can play Hawken just fine with all the settings on Ultra, but when I try to play with Physics on low; the game is just unplayable. I'm guessing this is due to optimization issues_
AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.3Ghz
Asus GTX 560 1GB
16GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

#2 Phos

Phos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:23 PM

You're giving up a lot of GPU power by enabling physics, pretty much every bullet spawns physics particles and to be honest they're not really convincing right now.

#3 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 11 2012 - 09:22 PM

PhysX is currently having some problems, and CBE2 has not been optimized as much as CBE1 was (which kind of makes sense; the gap of time between the end of Alpha 2 and the beginning of CBE1 was a good deal longer than the gap between CBE1 and 2). You're best off leaving PhysX off for now.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#4 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 19 2012 - 05:57 PM

yup, same thing here, running the game on MAX without PhysX is fine, but if you tune PhysX to "low" it becomes unplayable as the round goes on, by the end of the round i had about 15 fps all around with bits n pieces EVERYWHERE and more consistent than Borderlands 2 when its set to HIGH, so either PhysX is still in the experimental stage or their LOW setting somehow activates higher lvls of PhysX unintentionally, mind you the physx makes this game so amazing to enjoy, i love watching pieces flying everywhere
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users