HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Report Clipping Errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 10:03 PM

Is there a thread for reporting these_
(if so i will change the purpose of this thread)

I've noticed quite a few areas where you can get stuck just walking or boosting on flat ground,
I'd like to utilize this space for players to take screenshots of these locations and put them here.

I haven't yet taken any but I just downloaded a screen shot program so I will be reporting them now.

If you wish to report them list the map, location if you can, and what mech you were using as they may have different clipping problems along with the screenshot.

#2 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 03:41 AM

This should probably be a bugs threads.

I don't have any screenshots but Alleys is by far the worst offender for getting jammed up on scenery:-
  • On a number of the ramps there are little bumps that do not stop you if you are moving at speed but if you are unlucky enough to be moving very slowly (e.g., accelerating from stationary or if you're piloting a C-class) up one of these ramps you get stuck on a tiny bump and cannot move unless you thrust vertically to clear it.  (I suspect that this is because the game doesn't account for slopes when deciding whether or not an object can be stepped over without needing vertical thrust.)
  • You can also get jammed into scenery if you are moving fast enough (thrusting usually) such that you cannot move at all unless you back directly away, regardless of no apparent obstacles to your left or right, and regardless of your angle of attack (i.e., merely clipping it will still wedge you in).
As a result of these issues, and others, I frequently see stuck mechs rammed up against walls and obstacles, twitching like they’ve overdosed on caffeine, being seemingly utterly unable to move.

Edited by defekt, November 12 2012 - 03:43 AM.

#3 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted November 13 2012 - 08:44 PM

View Postdefekt, on November 12 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

I don't have any screenshots but Alleys is by far the worst offender for getting jammed up on scenery:-
  • On a number of the ramps there are little bumps that do not stop you if you are moving at speed but if you are unlucky enough to be moving very slowly (e.g., accelerating from stationary or if you're piloting a C-class) up one of these ramps you get stuck on a tiny bump and cannot move unless you thrust vertically to clear it.  (I suspect that this is because the game doesn't account for slopes when deciding whether or not an object can be stepped over without needing vertical thrust.)
  • You can also get jammed into scenery if you are moving fast enough (thrusting usually) such that you cannot move at all unless you back directly away, regardless of no apparent obstacles to your left or right, and regardless of your angle of attack (i.e., merely clipping it will still wedge you in).
As a result of these issues, and others, I frequently see stuck mechs rammed up against walls and obstacles, twitching like they’ve overdosed on caffeine, being seemingly utterly unable to move.
Oh yes, this on Alleys and to a lesser extent Titan (IIRC).

I do happen to have some video of this, a few of them actually.  During the CBT1, I was streaming and I was afraid for a moment that some of my viewers might go into convulsions due to me getting stuck in the scenery and having my view start twitching around like crazy.

CBT2, in some ways, is worse on Alleys as I seem to be catching on something when going up the ramps every so often.

Edited by bacon_avenger, November 13 2012 - 08:44 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#4 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 13 2012 - 08:59 PM

Yes..there are clipping errors. You posted this here...makes me believe you have motives outside of the realm of the positive

wtf is your point_

#5 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:17 AM

^
I meant for this to be posted in the bugs sections, i still haven't gotten around to gathering all my screen shots and posting them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users