HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Laser Swords - We need them - not complete without Laser Swords!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 ApoC_101

ApoC_101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 15 2012 - 08:56 AM

what a fuzzy bunny.
Posted Image

#22 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted November 15 2012 - 09:01 AM

Posted Image
*sigh*

#23 Garuda

Garuda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSailing the Seven Seas with my trusty Beluga Whale steed

Posted November 15 2012 - 10:36 AM

I don't want another Exteel with derpy hit boxes and faulty melee weapon mechanics.

If you REALLY REALLY want a melee weapon, then why not have a Repair Torch that heals teammates and damages enemies_

Pure honesty, but your idea sounds extremely silly considering that these mechas in hawken is an equivalent to a more mobile tank.
You don't see tanks with melee weapons, do you_
That would be silly.
Posted Image

#24 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 15 2012 - 12:08 PM

An extra dimension added_ Such a mechanic would destroy this game. All you would see is A Classes jedi leaping and just swinging like mad hoping to hit something. I can only laugh at such an idea and be thankful that you are not a Dev.

Posted Image

#25 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 15 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostTHEDRIVEN, on November 13 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Okay, lets start making fun of a great idea so it's not so great anymore.  NOT!  This is one of the best things this game could use.  It would awesome.  NO different than using any other weapon.  It would  be cool to have.  It shouldn't be a problem.  You know that eventually the mechs will become more mobile and more humanoid as time passes and eventually you will add swords - why not add them now_  I don't see the problem add at least 3 for starters, I guarantee it will be one of the most used items and a top seller if you have one that is superior to the others that you must purchase or gain many rewards to purchase it with credits.

Are you trolling me right now_
I hope you are trolling me right now.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#26 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted November 15 2012 - 03:57 PM

No. Laser swords debase the realism of the game. These are not Armored Cores, Enders, Or gundams. The best thing they took from those types of hyper-advanced manga style mechs are the ability to quickly change direction laterally, which is your boost dodge. The laser sword thing clashes to much with the idea that these mechs are built post-apocalyptic disaster, and while still highly advanced, have a makeshift quality to them that reinforces the post apocalyptic setting and grungy tones. Laser swords belong on super shiny, super advanced, 50 foot tall mechs that are seemingly constructed through some sort of metal origami process.

Closest thing I could see would be ramming, or even some sort of high pressure/energy punching mechanism similar to the melee weapon from Robotica back in the day. Adding laser blades makes it far to fantastical and super unrealistic.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users