HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Purchasing multiple of the same mech_

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:08 AM

During a particualry nasty period of lag thanks to my crappy old router, I clicked to buy the sharpshooter mech and got told that I didn't have enough funds, tried again got told I didn't have the funds again, and then finally after I restarted my router (without quitting Hawken) I clicked Buy and it finally said successful. My meteor points only reflected a single purchase at this point. I checked.

I went to my garage to set up the items, internals and paintjob to find that I had not one, not two, but THREE sharpshooter mechs in my garage. Upon glancing up to my funds, I found I had been charged for each one.

How have I got these mechs if the sale "failed" twice, AND didn't update my meteor points until after I clicked "my mechs"_

Why would anyone want mutliple of the same mech_

Why do we have the ability to do this_

I guess as a side note having some kind of "sell" function would be dandy.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#2 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:54 AM

The intention is to have multiple chassis available while deployed in a match with different loadouts for different purposes.

The choices are limited at the moment, because this is beta.

As for the purchase delay, that's a bug.
Multiple purchases of the same chassis, feature.

#3 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:34 PM

Having multiple identical mech variants (which you'd no doubt have to level up) purely so you have different internals/items mid match doesn't sound like something the vast majority of the population would do, but I understand none-the-less.

I have no issue with the number of choices nor did I mention anything about that in my post. =S

Again it wasn't a delay, I got a pretty clear message telling me that the transaction failed because I lacked the funds (when I did not). It out and out failed, it didn't say "ok done" and then not show the mech in my garage...
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users