HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game minimizes on my mac when I press the launch button, then opens back up weird.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ac3Skillz

Ac3Skillz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hi,
I've recently been trying to get Hawken to run on my laptop, a Macbook Air (Late 2010). I understand that the game isn't meant to run on macs yet, and while I could try Bootcamp, I don't have the money for an edition of windows, or the storage to run a partition. So I've decided to use an application called Crossover that works well with Windows games. So, I've tried it with Hawken, and it manages to download everything, I can log in. But when I get to the launch button, if I press it, the Hawken window minimizes and when I open it up again, it's incredibly small, and I can't resize it. I was able to get around this by using the zoom feature of Crossover, but the game will never actually launch when I press the button. Seeing as I can't alter any settings from the launch screen I'm just stuck in this cycle of constantly pressing launch and resizing the window. Some help would be appreciated, thanks.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:53 PM

Given that you're attempting something completely unsupported, I don't think you're going to get very much help for the moment. There could be a thousand different reasons why this is happening, and the devs are too busy trying to get Hawken ready for open beta on 12.12.12.

You can edit the Hawken INI files to have a different resolution. I don't know where CrossOver will replicate the file structure, but on Windows 7, it's DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig and the file you want is HawkenSystemSettings.ini

Do a find for ResX and ResY in that ini file, those are your X and Y resolution parameters. (e.g. ResX=1920 and ResY=1080)
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Ac3Skillz

Ac3Skillz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.
I searched for the file you talked about, and I got as far as finding a folder named HawkenGame. However when I went in I found files that didn't begin with Hawken, but what seemed like system files. For example BaseUI.ini. I was able to find I file that was called DefaultSystemSettings.ini, but when I edited it and ran Hawken again, I still encountered the same problem. Am I in the wrong folder_ Or am I doing something wrong_ Thanks, anyway though.

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 10:32 AM

You've found Hawken's actual data files, which contain default INI files that act as templates for the actual user INI files. Those DefaultHawkenwhatever.ini files are copied to the player's ini space and renamed ("Default" stripped off) to hold the specific user's settings. If you delete the actual user inis, Hawken just copies off the defaults to recreate the live player-modifiable inis. In other words, yes, you have found the wrong folder. I don't know where CrossOver stores your pretend Windows user profile, or if it does it at all in a way that Hawken expects.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users