HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game crashes and blue screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Montiblanc

Montiblanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:39 AM

i just started playing again today after cb1. I noticed game was performing terrible so i thought maybe the new patches had reset my custom ini settings. So what i did was copy the game's hawken system settings and hawken engine "IniVersion" info & paste it over the IniVersion info on a copy of my older settings i saved somewhere else, then copied those and replaced the the original files at DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig.  Now i pretty much crash blue screen wenever i try to join a game.

Note i would not do all this had hawken been fricking playable in performance without these in the first place which it was on cb1 with my custom settings

Edited by Montiblanc, November 12 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#2 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:51 AM

So you tried a file for cb1 in hopes it would work in cb2_ I hope you backed up that file to replace it.

#3 Montiblanc

Montiblanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:59 AM

got careless thought the files would stay unchanged like it was thruout alpha and cb1 and only thoes 2 lines on IniVersion ever changed from what i recall during those times

#4 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostMontiblanc, on November 12 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

got careless thought the files would stay unchanged like it was thruout alpha and cb1 and only thoes 2 lines on IniVersion ever changed from what i recall during those times

Nope. A lot has changed directory / file structure wise.

#5 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:49 PM

Delete the INI files you changed entirely and restart Hawken. It will go to full-screen with a lower resolution, but it'll recreate your INI files normally. Then go and tweak the settings again.

The CBE2 client does have some definite optimization problems, period. However, that's the life of a beta tester.

If you are still getting BSODs afterwards, please download BlueScreenView and paste the results of the most recent BSOD into here. (Shoutout to SpaceChief for starting to use it to diagnose BSOD issues in bug reports/support.)
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#6 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostElix, on November 12 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Delete the INI files you changed entirely and restart Hawken. It will go to full-screen with a lower resolution, but it'll recreate your INI files normally. Then go and tweak the settings again.

The CBE2 client does have some definite optimization problems, period. However, that's the life of a beta tester.

If you are still getting BSODs afterwards, please download BlueScreenView and paste the results of the most recent BSOD into here. (Shoutout to SpaceChief for starting to use it to diagnose BSOD issues in bug reports/support.)

I take slight offense to this as one should never give credit to someone about letting people know about something like this.

I have been mentioning this exact piece of software myself since alpha 2 :-P

#7 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:02 AM

Well, those forums aren't exactly searchable now, are they_ :P

It's a good utility, so you get a gold star. Posted Image
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users