HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

landscapes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CoinOps

CoinOps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Locationthe north

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:31 PM

theyre just way too packed with objects and buildings. you can hardly move without crashing into stuff, in tense battle you cant see anything but pixels and particles on the screen, its way over the top.
the landscapes look cool while walking around but theyre not great places to battle in, not when every map is the same.
METAL COMMAND I SPIT 16 LIKE A SAVAGE

#2 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:47 PM

I heartily disagree, sir. I find the immense amount of objects provides an even playing field for all mech classes. Now, there could be some new maps with more open territory, but it's good to have the tight maps that we do, otherwise sniper classes would dominate. (As it is, many of the best pilots I've gone up against are using sharpshooters.)

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#3 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:49 PM

One map I do dislike is the one with many levels and jump platforms (forget the name, but it has a grey sky.) That one can get a bit ridiculous as the terrain just goes everywhere.. but I like all the other maps. Yes, they're tough, but that's the point.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#4 omnissiah19

omnissiah19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted November 12 2012 - 03:56 PM

the whole point is your fighting on a planet that was overly industrialized to the point where there is just buildings everywhere and it was it was hit with some kind of nanobot virus

Edited by omnissiah19, November 12 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Begin transmission. The world collapses behind me.Posted Image

#5 CoinOps

CoinOps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Locationthe north

Posted November 12 2012 - 04:11 PM

i think most the maps fit that description. maps this packed would be sweet in 3rd person veiw but in first person you have to rely on memory to avoid things during side dash and in battle maneuvers. ive been using the sharp shooter but definately not for sniping, unless the target is perfectly still youll be lucky to get 2 shots before theyve dissapeared
it would be good if the buildings eventually crumbled after so many hits so by the end of rounds the place is almost leveled, like in EDF insect armageddon but not as fragile.

#6 CoinOps

CoinOps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Locationthe north

Posted November 12 2012 - 04:15 PM

View Postomnissiah19, on November 12 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

the whole point is your fighting on a planet that was overly industrialized to the point where there is just buildings everywhere and it was it was hit with some kind of nanobot virus

where you getting the nanobot virus thing from_

#7 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostCoinOps, on November 12 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

where you getting the nanobot virus thing from_

Theatrical trailer.

The maps are cluttered for balance purposes. The mechanics work with the ability to dodge and avoid fire through cover negating any long range weaponry from cutting people apart before they can get close. The maps cater to this by providing plenty of cover and routes to flank and attack from. They do NOT need to be more open. That's not what the game is about.

If you are hitting stuff a lot you need better spacial awareness. The mechs are big and clunky and need a wide girth to move around stuff. In battle its the same as any other time. Better players will be always aware of what is around them and know which way to dodge and not collide with a wall. It's pretty simple and doesn't take long to pick up. Cover is your friend. It gets hit so you don't have to ;)

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users