HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Any offers from big publishers_

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 iiDeadSeriousii

iiDeadSeriousii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 09:17 AM

Just curious. Not that I would want you guys to sell out, but has Adhesive Games been offered anything from the likes of THQ, Activision, EA_ I can only imagine this would allow for a HUGE budget on any sequels.

#2 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 09:26 AM

According to what Creative Director Khang Le said in a recent interview, things are looking good.

We’ve been fortunate enough... It’s been amazing the amount of support we’ve had from studios so far. Basically, all the major publishers have contacted us and we’re just now picking and choosing the best route. But we’re open to options and grateful for all the interest.

#3 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 09:47 AM

If it is EA or Activision we surely lost them. The team will be remembered for their amazing video not their game.

:(

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 23 2011 - 12:39 PM

Well, at first glance I do not see where is the problem. We're not talking about an RTS game when we talk on portability... :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 06:39 PM

Huh_
I think they should go the Natural Selection route, self developed, self published(kind-of, they're charging for the game now, with access to the game as pre-order bonus through Steam's beta program)

http://www.naturalselection2.com/

#6 Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 08:45 AM

If they go the EA/Activision route then it's over.
I would suggest a less...imposing publisher.

#7 Dreadnought

Dreadnought

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 10:31 AM

Personally, I think the best people to pick these guys up would be Bungie. The creative minds behind that logo are amazing and it's not like they don't have the money to fund them with. Also, their support post-launch is unprecedented.

#8 Qwet

Qwet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationmesa AZ

Posted April 24 2011 - 12:19 PM

Trantric please bungie is not  as great as you think they are.

i think maybe they should stay as adhesive games maybe get support from ea in some sort of contract that ea helps funds and receives a good chunk of royalties but has very little control on how the game is built and where it goes though reality sets in and shows this to be unlikely.

#9 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 05:03 PM

I have total faith in Adhesive Games and I am sure they are taking each publisher's offer very seriously. After all, this decision will ultimately affect the future of their team, and it goes without saying that everyone of them want only what's best for the company. I trust their judgement completely.

#10 SPIGOT

SPIGOT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 24 2011 - 09:41 PM

I'm hoping that they eventually put their game on Steam, as a lot of the smaller game developers do.
Posted Image

#11 Kavu

Kavu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 25 2011 - 12:46 AM

Bungie..._! lol they charge money for maps... sometimes even player made maps...

#12 Dem

Dem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted April 25 2011 - 04:12 AM

Theyve never charged for a player made map...

#13 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 25 2011 - 04:40 AM

whatever they do i hope they don't end up selling their souls to one of the giants, namely MS, activision or EA. those guys will come down like a hammer with their clout to ensure the game has maximum profitability at the cost of everything else

Its those same giant publishers that have been screwing over mech fans over and over and over.  Namely because they never consider serious mech games profitable enough to warrant making, and because when they do, they are the first to screw the project over.

EA, ask some of the people here who played mpbt3025 what they think about EA

Activision, runs franchises into the ground because they can

MS. For what they've done and continue to do to the mechwarrior franchise

If these guys suddenly want a piece of the hawken pie, i hope above all else the devs say no.
Mech time all the time

#14 NoamFer

NoamFer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationJerusalem, Israel.

Posted April 25 2011 - 09:05 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

If it is EA or Activision we surely lost them. The team will be remembered for their amazing video not their game.

:(

Yea, I would definitely not like it if they chose activision, I never liked any game from them.
★★★★★

#15 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted April 30 2011 - 12:11 PM

If they get picked up, I wouldn't be surprised if the game release is postponed 6 months to a year. Unless they get a really good deal...

#16 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted April 30 2011 - 02:33 PM

As long as they stay away from GFWL I'm happy.

#17 Hound

Hound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'm kind of hoping for Paradox. Not that they've published any games similar to Hawken, but some of my favourite games are Paradox published.

#18 da_smiter

da_smiter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 01:28 PM

BobHound said:

I'm kind of hoping for Paradox. Not that they've published any games similar to Hawken, but some of my favourite games are Paradox published.

borgbob_____

#19 Porcupine

Porcupine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 04:20 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

I have total faith in Adhesive Games and I am sure they are taking each publisher's offer very seriously. After all, this decision will ultimately affect the future of their team, and it goes without saying that everyone of them want only what's best for the company. I trust their judgement completely.

I totally agree with this ^

#20 pandm101

pandm101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 04 2011 - 08:44 PM

Please for the love of everything, pick a multiplatform developer if you do, I personally love and play ps3, but I want it on SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) as I do bungie (Microsofts lapdoggie) because in either case people would miss out on a great game, I also advise steering away from EA, because their servers ALWAYS SUCK and Activision because they are barely riding on CoD, just gave up on guitar hero, and are sapping blizzard for money.

If you do, go for a good developer like hmmm Take 2 or maybe capcom, they always have good servers, although they favor ps3 a little.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users