HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Oh, those little bastards...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 12 2012 - 04:34 PM

What are these little bastards running at the speed of light like overdrive rabbits on speed_ Why is taking so long side-boosting within my Assault mecha_

Or is just lag today_

Lemme enumerate some... those hyper-fast grenades, Vulcans, overdrive rabbits, Berseekers and/or Infiltrators heading towards to you like bulls or tanks with impunity, invisible mechas (or I should say senseless red squares a.k.a invisible mechas a là non-Predator movie... hmm.

Everybody was rank 20 with all the gadgets or what_ Don't want to be paranoid... or perhaps the devs decided to devote me a big joke today_ lol :P

Maybe it's just too late here and I need some of sleep...

Over.

Edited by The_Silencer, November 12 2012 - 04:47 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#2 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted November 12 2012 - 05:20 PM

Zerks and Infs are tough, especially in the right hands. If they are level 20, they have access to all skill points and final weapon (though they are still lethal with the defaults). Their are builds that gets them 670 hp, while still adding lots of mobility bonuses. I've heard some say that the speed difference between A and C class mechs are marginal, but it doesn't seem that way.

If you are fighting a good pilot in a Zerk or Inf, you really have to be spot-on with everything, including dodging and tracking, but of course dodging too much will still get you killed against a good pilot.
Posted Image

#3 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on November 12 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

What are these little bastards running at the speed of light like overdrive rabbits on speed_ Why is taking so long side-boosting within my Assault mecha_

Or is just lag today_

Lemme enumerate some... those hyper-fast grenades, Vulcans, overdrive rabbits, Berseekers and/or Infiltrators heading towards to you like bulls or tanks with impunity, invisible mechas (or I should say senseless red squares a.k.a invisible mechas a là non-Predator movie... hmm.

Everybody was rank 20 with all the gadgets or what_ Don't want to be paranoid... or perhaps the devs decided to devote me a big joke today_ lol :P

Maybe it's just too late here and I need some of sleep...

Over.

lol...you so crack me up with your posts. You post what I felt when I joined. (so not making fun either)

Yeah...some can just plain move. All you can do is try and get some good shots off and hope. Is why I love this game so far

:D

#4 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostBlackCephie, on November 12 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Zerks and Infs are tough, especially in the right hands. If they are level 20, they have access to all skill points and final weapon (though they are still lethal with the defaults). Their are builds that gets them 670 hp, while still adding lots of mobility bonuses. I've heard some say that the speed difference between A and C class mechs are marginal, but it doesn't seem that way.

If you are fighting a good pilot in a Zerk or Inf, you really have to be spot-on with everything, including dodging and tracking, but of course dodging too much will still get you killed against a good pilot.

Agreed. There are also uber speed builds that have no health boost and everything is into repair time and movement.
Posted Image

#5 DER3Z

DER3Z

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationCleveland,Ohio

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:08 PM

I've been moving so slow in my opinon. It takes so long to side-boost since they nerfed it a bit. I think they nerfed everyones side-boosting time.

The sole survivor of BSB

Twitching channel

http://www.twitch.tv...eel_brotherhood

Star citizen

https://robertsspace...m/orgs/STARWIND

#6 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:32 AM

Assault mech: You press A, keeping A pressed you press Shift you keep pressing A and press shift and you don't side boost... something is not working well here. Movement is worst now. Not as fluent and smooth as in the previous beta. Or is it just me_

I've been played pretty much.. that sucks...

2 bad days in a row.. maybe the reason was the ping_ A guy entered the game and my ping went from 116 to 216. Bah..

Edited by The_Silencer, November 13 2012 - 11:35 AM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users