HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Siege mode exploit

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:42 AM

So I found a small exploit in siege mode due to players being able to kill themselves.

They are essentially able to pass energy from one player to another or store is elsewhere during the phase when your not allowed to deposit energy.

I discovered this when i had full energy and wasn't able to use because our ship was out. I killed myself at the base so I wouldn't give it to my enemies in-case I died and when i came back after our ship had made it with another full mech of energy it was still on the ground so i was able to deposit 550 energy.

EDIT

I meant to post this in the bugs section, please move, sorry.

Edited by Necro, November 13 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#2 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 05:44 AM

Not too sure if it's an exploit, considering you had to go all the way back to your base and kill yourself. You probably wasted 30 seconds to a minute doing that and not defending the AA.

Edited by z121231211, November 13 2012 - 05:45 AM.

Desert Fox

#3 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:25 AM

You also risked it disappearing entirely. Plus, for every guy with a full tank, that's one less guy you can count on defending the AA.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#4 Immie

Immie

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted November 13 2012 - 10:50 AM

IMO, there should be some way of giving EU to allies anyways. Maybe even a place to store it during battleship launches (perhaps a prime target for sneaky raids by the enemy).

Posted Image

#5 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted November 13 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostImmie, on November 13 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

IMO, there should be some way of giving EU to allies anyways. Maybe even a place to store it during battleship launches (perhaps a prime target for sneaky raids by the enemy).
But but, you don't know where those EU's have been! Imagine the germs on them!
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#6 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 03:28 PM

View Postc0mad0r, on November 13 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

But but, you don't know where those EU's have been! Imagine the germs on them!
...What is all this strange oil in the bin with all these EUs...

...Hey, wait a second......

Edited by DarkPulse, November 13 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#7 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:50 AM

Gotta say that it does get annoying when an enemy battleship launches, you go to the AA and get swarmed by the entire enemy team because the rest of your team has ignored it to go drop off the EU they picked up back at base thinking that it is more important.

I'd like to test out having EU drop off being locked out when there is a battleship in the air. I think it might be a good idea, but again I want to test it out.

As a side note: After dropping all the EU I was carrying into my base I often find my EU tanks full after a good AA fight.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#8 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostNitris, on November 14 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

Gotta say that it does get annoying when an enemy battleship launches, you go to the AA and get swarmed by the entire enemy team because the rest of your team has ignored it to go drop off the EU they picked up back at base thinking that it is more important.

I'd like to test out having EU drop off being locked out when there is a battleship in the air. I think it might be a good idea, but again I want to test it out.

As a side note: After dropping all the EU I was carrying into my base I often find my EU tanks full after a good AA fight.
Here's the thing though: A smart player will never directly vie in AA if they have a pretty good tank. Why_ If they die, it gets dropped, and you have no guarantee your team will be the one picking it up. This then allows the enemy to press harder.

Therefore, players who are more full will usually go back towards base to dump it off. I know I hang back once I got a pretty full tank.

The easy solutions to this problem that I can think of off the top of my head would probably either be some kind of overflow storage (which brings issues of its own... though maybe it could be used to heal the battleship_) or if everyone's EU goes immediately zero on their tanks when their battleships launch.

#9 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 14 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Here's the thing though: A smart player will never directly vie in AA if they have a pretty good tank. Why_ If they die, it gets dropped, and you have no guarantee your team will be the one picking it up. This then allows the enemy to press harder.

Therefore, players who are more full will usually go back towards base to dump it off. I know I hang back once I got a pretty full tank.

The easy solutions to this problem that I can think of off the top of my head would probably either be some kind of overflow storage (which brings issues of its own... though maybe it could be used to heal the battleship_) or if everyone's EU goes immediately zero on their tanks when their battleships launch.

IMO, the "easy" solution is to make all EU nulled out, lost, when a Battleship is launched. This forces everyone to start the foraging process over again and in a sense, balances everything again.
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

#10 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 05:32 PM

Maybe its just because I'm running around in an A class mostly, but that EU isn't so much of a bad thing to lose. Losing the AA, however, and consequently losing a health pip on your base IS.
It matters not if you die and give the enemy your EU so long as your team holds the AA, it will simply destroy all the battleships they throw at it anyway.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#11 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostNitris, on November 14 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Maybe its just because I'm running around in an A class mostly, but that EU isn't so much of a bad thing to lose. Losing the AA, however, and consequently losing a health pip on your base IS.
It matters not if you die and give the enemy your EU so long as your team holds the AA, it will simply destroy all the battleships they throw at it anyway.
Simple: If you die like crazy trying to take back the AA and they successfully hold it, guess who gets a jump start on the next ship_

I can't count how many times I went back to base with a full tank from an AA defense. It screws with people psychologically bad, and demoralizes the other side to the point where teams would rather shoot at the ship from the base as opposed to contesting the AA.

#12 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:51 PM

View Postc0mad0r, on November 14 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostDarkPulse, on November 14 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

IMO, the "easy" solution is to make all EU nulled out, lost, when a Battleship is launched. This forces everyone to start the foraging process over again and in a sense, balances everything again.

All that EU you worked to gather should not be lost, imo. People will get paranoid about whether they are going to get struck by zeus in the form of a 'battleship launch instant deplete'. This doesn't feel right. Also if it's an enemy ship launched you would have no control of when this happens.

Thanks guys, that gave me an idea (if it hasn't already been pitched). This discussion has now transitioned into it's own thread. See you there! ---->  http://community.pla...eybind-drop-eu/

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#13 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostCulex, on November 14 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Thanks guys, that gave me an idea (if it hasn't already been pitched). This discussion has now transitioned into it's own thread. See you there! ---->  http://community.pla...eybind-drop-eu/
I'll bite! Responding to you on your thread.

#14 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:05 PM

Likewise responded on that thread, with some clarification as to what I meant, exactly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users