HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Remove the open mic option

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 13 2012 - 05:03 AM

It's annoying. It doesn't have a purpose. There are people interested in using it, for an actual purpose, only few a few seconds at most to call out any inc. There is no reason to use it any other way. This isn't Skype. Or make the fraking fix so we can see who is talking so I can mute them.

Posted Image

#2 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 05:47 AM

Already a pretty big topic on this. Though I'm not sure if we got any developer feedback on the issue.
Desert Fox

#3 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:30 AM

View Postz121231211, on November 13 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

Already a pretty big topic on this. Though I'm not sure if we got any developer feedback on the issue.
That's strange because I typed 'open mic' into the forum search bar and got nothing crappy Mozilla. Sick of foreigners yelling in my ear, listening to people talk to their friends about Hawken while we play it, and having to constantly change the player volume. Instead of open mic they need a timed mic. No more than ten to fifteen seconds at most.

Edited by Deu, November 13 2012 - 07:07 AM.

Posted Image

#4 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 07:14 AM

Here you go: http://community.pla...he-love-of-god/

#5 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 08:31 AM

I'm thinking they should just combine discussion and suggestion forums. Or otherwise move topics around and enforce what gets discussed in which forum. As of now they might as well be the same thing with the only difference being how the topic title is worded.
Desert Fox

#6 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:11 AM

I think it would be great if a routine was added that would show the name of the person when speaking in game. This, in my opinion, would work best if the open mike function were limited or removed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users