HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Just curious.. how many of you guys have been using your mech's Ability during CB2_

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How many of you guys have been using your mech's Ability during CB2_ (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have been using your mech's Ability during CB2_

1. Yes, intensely. (54 votes [49.09%])

Percentage of vote: 49.09%

2. Most of the times. (20 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Occasionally. (28 votes [25.45%])

Percentage of vote: 25.45%

4. WT... What Ability you say_ (8 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:32 PM

View Posthestoned, on November 14 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

I just don't think its fair to say C mech abilities are useless when clearly its potential hasn't even been scratched in a comp environment. My mind is spinning with ideas for it. Just wait for teams to form.
And just to add to the conversation, tank c-types are like candy to be taken from a baby that has no arms. So easy to kill as an assault, even at a distance. (slow movement means tow hits every time.) Takes a little time, but easy peasy kill.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#42 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostCaliberMengsk, on November 14 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

View Posthestoned, on November 14 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

I just don't think its fair to say C mech abilities are useless when clearly its potential hasn't even been scratched in a comp environment. My mind is spinning with ideas for it. Just wait for teams to form.
And just to add to the conversation, tank c-types are like candy to be taken from a baby that has no arms. So easy to kill as an assault, even at a distance. (slow movement means tow hits every time.) Takes a little time, but easy peasy kill.

Well sure but that's assuming no one is covering him. I will absolutely concede that, on his own, with out any support, its an easy kill. But then you're just utilizing it completely wrong. I think turret mode could fill a vital niche in team play but you guys are dismissing it without even trying to make it work.
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

#43 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 14 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

In organized play this would happen (Using me an Bee as example players):

Beemann: I say dear chap, observe that fellow utilizing his C-class mech's ability to bolster his defenses.
AJK: Yo dawg, that fuzzy bunny ain't going nowhere, let's pop a cap in his ass.
Beemann: I daresay! His companions have placed a shield upon his being. How shall we procede_
AJK: fuzzy bunny DA SHIELD! Spam explosive bro! That POS ain't lasting fo'eva anyway, ya dig_

And the C-class would die.
I'll give you 10 of your internets back (I have 40; I could've had almost 100 if friggin' teammates didn't keep poaching you every time I had you dead to rights... rrrrgh) if you make a recording of this and post it.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#44 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 14 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 14 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

In organized play this would happen (Using me an Bee as example players):

Beemann: I say dear chap, observe that fellow utilizing his C-class mech's ability to bolster his defenses.
AJK: Yo dawg, that fuzzy bunny ain't going nowhere, let's pop a cap in his ass.
Beemann: I daresay! His companions have placed a shield upon his being. How shall we procede_
AJK: fuzzy bunny DA SHIELD! Spam explosive bro! That POS ain't lasting fo'eva anyway, ya dig_

And the C-class would die.
I'll give you 10 of your internets back (I have 40; I could've had almost 100 if friggin' teammates didn't keep poaching you every time I had you dead to rights... rrrrgh) if you make a recording of this and post it.
Given that the devs have stated the C-class abilities are undergoing major changes for the next stage, I don't think I will be able to ever catch that.

But consider the fact that I pretty much perfectly predicted what would happen to Siege matches when you have 2 teams of competent players.
Is it really silly to think that I could accurately predict such a small scale event_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#45 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Posthestoned, on November 14 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Well sure but that's assuming no one is covering him. I will absolutely concede that, on his own, with out any support, its an easy kill. But then you're just utilizing it completely wrong. I think turret mode could fill a vital niche in team play but you guys are dismissing it without even trying to make it work.
A moving teammate is superior to an immobile one. The problem with turret mode is it guarantees damage. It's a good ability on-paper because it completely ignores the mobility side of things. In practice however you're just eating more direct hits and primary fire than you ever would moving around
Assuming you aren't blind and have hands that is
In a team fight you want everyone to be mobile and fluid, you want flanking and you want as many team mates to survive for as long as possible
You don't want an immobile c class with a target painted on them
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#46 Tanks

Tanks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:18 PM

Always use my abilities especially for my assault mech.

Posted Image

#47 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostBeemann, on November 14 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

A moving teammate is superior to an immobile one. The problem with turret mode is it guarantees damage. It's a good ability on-paper because it completely ignores the mobility side of things. In practice however you're just eating more direct hits and primary fire than you ever would moving around
In a team fight you want everyone to be mobile and fluid, you want flanking and you want as many team mates to survive for as long as possible

Why does everyone have to be mobile_ Why cant we have a tank on the team_ Like i've been saying, people are simply dismissing it cause no sort of strategy with it has been implemented other than "deploy turret mode here, shoot stuff". Lets wait till people get creative with it before we call it worthless. I mean be honest dude, i know you can think of situations where it has a combination of certain items with certain mech load outs supporting it to make it effective. Its just that NO ONE has even tried it. Until i see some scrims where it truly is useless i'm holding out hope for it.
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

#48 Tanks

Tanks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:37 PM

View Posthestoned, on November 14 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

View PostBeemann, on November 14 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Why does everyone have to be mobile_ Why cant we have a tank on the team_ Like i've been saying, people are simply dismissing it cause no sort of strategy with it has been implemented other than "deploy turret mode here, shoot stuff". Lets wait till people get creative with it before we call it worthless. I mean be honest dude, i know you can think of situations where it has a combination of certain items with certain mech load outs supporting it to make it effective. Its just that NO ONE has even tried it. Until i see some scrims where it truly is useless i'm holding out hope for it.

That mode as well as the C class need to be buffed in order for them to even be viable to tank more then a few seconds. Sure you can strategies all you want around that specific mode but in the end, atm its better to be negating all damage then to be taking damage "tanking" for your teammates. It also depends on certain situations and the matchup that takes place. I hope they do make the heavy mech classes actually be tanky then what they do now.

Posted Image

#49 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:50 PM

IMO, tank mode needs to have a slightly faster transition speed, and have a faster move speed to be effective. Not normal speed, obviously, but when I can literally dodge around them in circles faster then they can turn, then it's to slow. I also think that in tank mode they should do more damage then they currently do. (again, not to much, but more)

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#50 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:00 PM

@hestoned
No, I really honestly can't think of a situation where a C mech wouldn't be better off flanking or dodging incoming fire while returning fire of their own.
You CAN tank, but tanking in this game is less about straight damage soaking and more about being a big sonovagun with loads of firepower who makes squishy mortals fuzzy bunny their pants
You're a distraction, not a shield
Your bonus health isn't really going to save you against more than one target

Edited by Beemann, November 14 2012 - 03:01 PM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#51 CupcakesRevenge

CupcakesRevenge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 04:33 PM

I knew that the heavies had that hunker-down ability because I saw them use it. I played exclusively Assault and never knew I had an ability. Kept overheating instead. >_<
The menus should point it out a little more clearly, or at least have a tooltip over the special ability icon in the customization menu to make it a little more evident.

Edited by CupcakesRevenge, November 14 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#52 Crabbit

Crabbit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:06 PM

I play infiltrator. I use the invisibility ability often, but my usuage frequency depends on the game mode. In DM and TDM I usually us it for sneaky get aways. In siege and missile modes I use it to flank, ambush, and for get aways; I find myself wishing my mech's ability would refresh faster in these game modes. I have incorporated my ability in to my play style. If I were not to have it I would be at a disadvantaged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users