HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Friendly Body Block is really getting annoying. . .

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MaximumSquid

MaximumSquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:45 PM

Friendly turrets blocking my side dash

Friendly players getting in my way when I try to retreat

Guy decides to repair in the center of the tunnles on Titan and there is absolutely nothing I can do but wait for him to finish

It's horrible. . .

Can this please be toned down_
I'm not saying to let people clip each other, but maybe let them keep momentum up until they pass by

#2 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted November 13 2012 - 07:02 PM

No. thats the way it is. adds a realism factor to it. ive fired TOW's in the back of friendlies and destroyed myself before. all part of the game play. you HAVE TO BE AWARE of your surroundings.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#3 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 13 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostDecoy101x, on November 13 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

No. thats the way it is. adds a realism factor to it. ive fired TOW's in the back of friendlies and destroyed myself before. all part of the game play. you HAVE TO BE AWARE of your surroundings.

This.
Hell, i'd love the option to play a more hardcore mode where there's also friendly fire.
Now THAT would be realism ;)
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#4 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 13 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 13 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

This.
Hell, i'd love the option to play a more hardcore mode where there's also friendly fire.
AHHH THE TK"S
Posted Image

#5 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted November 13 2012 - 07:57 PM

yeah team kills suck but oh well.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#6 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted November 13 2012 - 08:08 PM

MaximumSquid, your roving around in a mech with a bunch of other mechs that sometimes aren't the quickest things to maneuver...you are bound to occasionally get in each other's way or accidentally shoot one another if you don't check your fire in a crowded area. Also the maps are fairly claustrophobic for a mech, expect to side boost into things, especially if you are not familiar with the map yet. Try and have a bit more situational awareness as well rather than just always expecting things to be the same.

In regards to people repairing in bottleneck areas and blocking access...you can't do much except maybe ask them to play a bit smarter and not block their team mates as it only disadvantages themselves in the long run. You could also just try jump jetting over them ;)

I feel the last couple of threads you've posted are a bit "firing from the hip" and you just need some more play time to adjust to the style that is Hawken...because I and many other players have no issues with Siege or the need to post up about our occasional running into team mates :blink:.

Cheers,

Gagzila

Edited by Gagzila, November 13 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 13 2012 - 08:09 PM

TK's Would just be something to get used to.  Would be fun for a option in certain games but definatly not a overall feature.

Edited by Etan, November 13 2012 - 08:09 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 13 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostEtan, on November 13 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

This.
AHHH THE TK"S

You've got to admit though, it sure makes for people being more careful how and where they shoot, makes for a lot less spray & pray.
Getting lectured on not TK'ing by half the team tends to motivate people very well... especially if the team starts retalliating :lol:
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#9 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:14 PM

I would like to see FF in TDM myself.  Gank squads would be a little less prevalent as most of the time the cross fire would just be too much and you'd start seeing teammates drop each other all the time.

And I would have to agree with Gagzilla, most of the threads you've posted so far seem to imply that you've barely played the game so far and yet are already critiquing it.  Get some more playtime in for each mode and see how it goes.
Posted Image

#10 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:59 PM

I like playing my fat mechs and getting stuck everywhere, it's like a puzzle trying to get in and out of close quarters every time. Add in my bad Internet connection which loses packets every so often and the puzzle becomes even more difficult as I dash around the corner only to see more wall.
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#11 Lanfire

Lanfire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:51 AM

This.

Not sure if it is just me but every time another mech does get in front of me I try to avoid it as if there is FF(thought there was for a long whole). I could use some more FF anyways. It would make using explosives much more interesting! To blow ,or not to blow, that is the... up the tow fragging the friendly while killing the enemy.

#12 Azdeath

Azdeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationevery where

Posted November 14 2012 - 04:26 AM

lol ff would be nice have like an game mode for it id see a lot less of my allys blocking the shot that would kill some one "u see an ally sharp shooter going all out at full hp shooting as fast as he can behind every one on a bulding with plenty of room all around him so ya u walk and stop RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM just to see what hes shooting and not at leest kill that 1hp mec running away ya GOOD TEEM WORK" happens to me alot ff would change this y stop in front of the mec shooting u just likly to die teem fire+ what ever hes shooting ats proble shooting back so u get neerly ok just for goin in front .... the whole ally blocking the way thing is realy only in the 32 game mode where there just to much to keep track of "part of the fun"
azdeath is my name and its from d&d (i get az death alot its pronounced az,deth not death

#13 MaximumSquid

MaximumSquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 04:45 AM

Decoy101x:

Amazing how I never mentioned I had a problem with friendly fire, but that is your counter argument_

and then people agree that your arguement is solid. . . alright

---

Get ready for massive greifing then gentlemen as the passageways can only fit one mech at a time

I'll be putting this one on the design and not the community

-

Edited by MaximumSquid, November 14 2012 - 04:46 AM.

#14 RudaForce

RudaForce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted November 14 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'm completely for how Hawken is right now, though I'd be fine if future maps had more area to move. Being blocked off by teammates and having them get in your way adds realism and pushes more communication. Sure, you might die a few times because you shot a TOW at someone while at low health and a teammate dodged into it, but oh well, that's realism for yah :D

Posted Image

"I don't have a favourite quote."

#15 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostMaximumSquid, on November 14 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

Decoy101x:

Amazing how I never mentioned I had a problem with friendly fire, but that is your counter argument_

and then people agree that your arguement is solid. . . alright

---

Get ready for massive greifing then gentlemen as the passageways can only fit one mech at a time

I'll be putting this one on the design and not the community

-

I believe Decoy was replying to someone else. Also I think everyone talking about FF are implying that this would be a way to resolve the issue you brought up about friendly body blocking.

Makes complete sense to me as a way to make people think more about their mech placement in regards to their team mates while retaining that in-mech immersion...or get friendly TOWd in the back!

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#16 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 01:37 PM

I agree, annoying as fuzzy bunny.  But it should stay as is.  Makes people need to be aware of whats going on.  Adds to the teamwork aspect

#17 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 15 2012 - 02:32 PM

Annoying, yes.

Should it be changed_ No.

We are giant hunks of walking steel, not ballerinas.

#18 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 16 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm all for Friendly fire but I don't know about the radar.  I like how it only shows boosting and firing enimies adding a bit of a game in juking the enemy with it's use.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#19 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 16 2012 - 11:26 AM

My main issue with it is that you can currently get stuck there. I've had fights where I zigged when someone else zagged without knowing they were even there (because pubs) and I got stuck to them for a couple seconds and died as a result
Totally cool with collision damage and all that fuzzy bunny, but my mech isn't covered in syrup, superglue or magnets
Ain't no reason for it getting stuck to things
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#20 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 16 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostBeemann, on November 16 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

My main issue with it is that you can currently get stuck there. I've had fights where I zigged when someone else zagged without knowing they were even there (because pubs) and I got stuck to them for a couple seconds and died as a result
Totally cool with collision damage and all that fuzzy bunny, but my mech isn't covered in syrup, superglue or magnets
Ain't no reason for it getting stuck to things
Posted Image

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users