HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

For those who want better graphics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:04 PM

The current in-game Ultra/Ultra/Low settings are capped within the files to a rough 65-80% of what it can possibly do, with shadow resolution sitting at HALF of what you would expect from "Ultra" settings, the AA sits at 1xMSAA (High/Ultra only) and the post process MLAA isn't that fantastic easier. So after hours of extensive testing and tweaking around and ive found out that with just a few "adjustments" this game can look equally as amazing as the performance it gives. Below is the GFX settings that i am currently running on my machine along with some improvement suggestions as my PC cant quite MAX the possible setting. These lines are found within the HawkenSystemSettings.ini file within the My Documents/My Games blah blah blah

MaxMultiSamples=1 (This setting controls the max allowed MSAA setting, set to 2,4,8,16,32,64 depending on your system to allow higher settings)
bAllowD3D9MSAA=False (This setting will enable/disable MSAA used by the engine, turning this on TRUE will enable the "Max MSAA" setting that you indicate in the line above, bear in mind that if the game detects framerate drops it will downscale the quality to adjust for better performance)

MaxShadowResolution=4096 (This is the max value of the shadow resolution and thus it's quality,
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=4096 (with these values you will not notice any shadow "graininess" unless your resolution is below 1080)
ShadowTexelsPerPixel=4.0 (This is the highest possible value and also contributes to the shadow graininess levels)

While maxing out pretty much every setting i did however take off Motion Blur, Radial Blur, Lens Flares and Bloom, since all those things are quite demanding and offer no visual improvement, if anything they obstruct my vision, especially when zoomed in, i figured id let my eyes do the blurring, doesnt cost me any frames
Posted Image

#2 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:15 PM

Any comparisons we could look at_

#3 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:33 PM

No sorry no comparisons, FRAPS doesnt seem to like Unreal 3 engine and crashes the game whenever i want to take a screenie or begin recording, sucks i know as i would love to get some footage out there :(

EDIT: All you have to do to see the diff is increase the max MSAA, enable it and load up the game, you will INSTANTLY notice the difference once you hit Garage

Edited by Snoof, November 14 2012 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hit F9 for the UE3 screenshot function, native in Hawken. (Don't know about video.)

The screenshots live in DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameScreenshotsWin32Console and are bitmaps.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostSnoof, on November 14 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

No sorry no comparisons, FRAPS doesnt seem to like Unreal 3 engine and crashes the game whenever i want to take a screenie or begin recording, sucks i know as i would love to get some footage out there :(
Really_ I've had no problems taking screenshots or video with FRAPS.

You sure you're using the latest version_
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users