HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

On ramming (Part .. can't remember now)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: On Ramming and collisions between mechas. (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Ramming and collisions between mechas inflicting small damage_

1. Yes. (13 votes [81.25%])

Percentage of vote: 81.25%

2. No. (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'd suggest ramming to inflict small amounts of damage (let's say from 9 to 12 HPs only).

Also, I'd suggest general collissions between mechs to inflict from 3 to 5 HPs without distinguis between opoonents or friendlies.

This could add a bit more of realism and also slightly more tactics in the game. And there're great collision wave sounds in the game already.

P.S. Once more.. Fans propose and the devs dispose.

(There is a poll)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#2 ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:00 PM

This was talked about a little in alpha 2.

Well it certainly would make the areas with rougher geometry more annoying. Don't think this is going to help that.

Shouldn't do it for friendlies. Griefing. Accidents.

Maybe only do damage against enemies but only when dashing. And it should do equal damage to both parties involved. But my guess is that calculating physics collisions between players across the interwebs is not really easy or efficient. The models have simplified collision boxes so there are going to be instances where it feels like you're getting shafted and damaged unfairly. And since it's doing so little damage then its effects on gameplay would be small for such a large feature.

They have bigger fish to fry. I do think it could be a neat little touch to the game but don't think it's going to happen soon.

#3 Reis

Reis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:08 PM

I'm not too sure about this. I already think the game punishes your movement hard if you run into a wall or rub against it when trying to move. Of course, fall damage is already part of the gameplay, so it makes sense to have some form of damage taken from hard collisions. It would also be kinda funny to equip your mech with internals specifically for ramming damage.

Edited by Reis, November 14 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#4 Female

Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:35 PM

The defense optimization tree should have a passive you can unlock that increases ramming damage.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users