HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

DONT CHANGE HELLFIRES

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 HandSlander

HandSlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationDystopian London

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:41 PM

I used the Rocketeer mech a lot and I have to say I think Hellfires have been implemented excellently. The lock on mechanic is great and the range is perfect. I am not saying they are OP but instead saying they are well balanced. They do a chunky but not massive amount of dmg, they have range but are easily dodged by a skilled operator who stays close to cover. The range is good in that I can get medium > long range targets with luck and timing but very long range I usually miss.

All in all I really enjoyed using this weapon (more than any other) and didn't feel like it was U or OP. Happy days!!

#2 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm pretty sure if anything it could be buffed. I don't hear any plans for changing them, or at least I missed them if there were any. Its a nice weapon, a tad slow on projectiles but with good timing and a bit of lead they can do some nice work. Just going to hope I can find them on lighter (not light specifically) mechs, or unless something in Rocketeer's ability next CBE to bring some serious meaning to its name.

#3 HandSlander

HandSlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationDystopian London

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:31 PM

I really don't think it needs to be buffed - damage seems right if the salvo hits. the rocketeer class does though so maybe that could lead ppl to thinking hellfire should be. rocketeer just needs a specialization improvement which has already been well covered in other threads.

#4 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:44 PM

+1 to it being just right~ *Goldilocks*

Even with the potential 240 damage, things like the grenade launcher are more powerful (245 damage), and there's a decent chance of the missiles missing, making it not over powered
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#5 NuclearXmas

NuclearXmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Whatever

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostHandSlander, on November 14 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I used the Rocketeer mech a lot and I have to say I think Hellfires have been implemented excellently. The lock on mechanic is great and the range is perfect. I am not saying they are OP but instead saying they are well balanced. They do a chunky but not massive amount of dmg, they have range but are easily dodged by a skilled operator who stays close to cover. The range is good in that I can get medium > long range targets with luck and timing but very long range I usually miss.

All in all I really enjoyed using this weapon (more than any other) and didn't feel like it was U or OP. Happy days!!

I agree, they're fun as hell. If you lack the sense to move when the INCOMING warning flashes on your hud you deserve whatevers coming your way...
oh..uh..hi

#6 byaafacehead

byaafacehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 07:34 PM

The rocketeer needs a health indicator when its in tank mode (I think that ability needs some form of buff) but I think its weapons are great.

Edited by byaafacehead, November 14 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#7 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 07:39 AM

Screamers.  You'll soon see!  ;)

#8 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 15 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostArnieF4440, on November 14 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Even with the potential 240 damage, things like the grenade launcher are more powerful (245 damage), and there's a decent chance of the missiles missing, making it not over powered
You have the math wrong. GL does less than 200 damage, according to one of the devs.

Deuy, on November 14 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Grenade Launcher

Fire Rate (Reload): 3 seconds

Heat/Shot: 10

DMG Radius: 700

Damage: 150

I wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed GL between here and alpha.

Edited by Conquistador, November 15 2012 - 09:08 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Spawny

Spawny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted November 15 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostConquistador, on November 15 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

You have the math wrong. GL does less than 200 damage, according to one of the devs.

Grenade Launcher

Can't comment on it due to NDA.
Alpha 2 B-Class Bruiser
Closed Beta 1 C-Class Brawler
Closed Beta 2 A-Class Berzerker
Closed Beta 3 A-Class Scout

#10 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 15 2012 - 10:05 AM

I used the rocketeer almost exclusively, in cb1 and 2. While the damage seems to be in a good place, the reliability is incredibly lacking. Sometimes all the missiles track. Sometimes only 2 or 3 track. Sometimes all of them will track, but make extremely slow turns. Sometimes, by far the most rare occurrence, they'll track so well that the one or two missile that happen to miss fly in a big circle and take another pass.
The gun feels like such a crapshoot, half the time. The randomness can be quite infuriating, and robs the weapon of a good bit of satisfaction.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#11 Female

Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 03:22 PM

I think they should increase the missile speed of the rockets.
Posted Image

#12 MK501

MK501

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted November 15 2012 - 03:34 PM

I agree with Frenotx. The tracking of the rockets is inconsistent.
Posted Image

#13 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 15 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostConquistador, on November 15 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Grenade Launcher

Well that's just confusing XD. DarkPulse has been looking through the game files and this is what he's got:

View PostDarkPulse, on November 10 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Damage Values. Please note that for anything splash, the damage assumes a "perfect" splash - i.e; one where it basically detonated just inches from the center of the explosion without actually hitting them. Actual splash values will therefore likely be somewhat less in practice.

Spoiler

Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#14 DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSunny South Florida

Posted November 15 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostNuclearXmas, on November 14 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

View PostHandSlander, on November 14 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I agree, they're fun as hell. If you lack the sense to move when the INCOMING warning flashes on your hud you deserve whatevers coming your way...

Ahhhhhh...that's what that flashing light is all about....noted... :blink:
*+
Posted Image
Just Relax...and take life one game at a time...

#15 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 16 2012 - 05:21 AM

http://hawkenwiki.net/wiki/Weapons
Weapon confusion fixed_

As for the Hellfires, Asian and I talked it over a little and other than maybe making non-locked fire more viable (IE increasing projectile speed) there's not much that needs to be done as far as I'm concerned

It's the highest damage special in the game (by a wide margin), it shoots a wall of missiles and it can direct hit around cover
Need I say more_
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#16 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 16 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostBeemann, on November 16 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

it can direct hit around cover

-Sometimes- Damage, lock time, etc. are fine, but the suckers just don't behave consistently. There is no place for random chance, in a game like this.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#17 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 16 2012 - 09:46 AM

I haven't come across anything random in this game. How are they random_ Do you mean the flight paths of the missiles_

Posted Image

#18 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 16 2012 - 11:02 AM

The strength of their homing, and the number of missile that even try to home, is not consistent.

#19 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostArnieF4440, on November 15 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Well that's just confusing XD. DarkPulse has been looking through the game files and this is what he's got:

View PostDarkPulse, on November 10 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Damage Values. Please note that for anything splash, the damage assumes a "perfect" splash - i.e; one where it basically detonated just inches from the center of the explosion without actually hitting them. Actual splash values will therefore likely be somewhat less in practice.

Spoiler

Those are Alpha values, the grenade launcher and TOW were both adjusted for beta (lower damage, faster fire rate).

#20 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 16 2012 - 11:49 AM

Dat NDA...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users