HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

When matchmaking gets it right...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:17 PM

I played a nice and tight match of Siege on the last day of CBE2 whilst trying to optimise my capture workflow. Was a nice change of pace from the join, spawn, oh-base-already-camped-um... cycle of events that I ran into at times playing Siege. When matchmaking is "In The Zone", gameplay is exhilarating.

I captured this with all settings on or set to Ultra at a 720p resolution at 60 FPS and was able to eliminate any noticeable in-game performance hit by outputting raw footage to 3 SSDs. Regardless, frame rate hits are still enormous during large engagements, firstworldproblemsetc.

Running this on an i7 3820 @ 4.0GHz, an overclocked GTX 690, 16GB of Kingston HyperX 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and with the game installed to a RAM disk, frame rates peak as high as the mid one hundreds and as low as the twenties, averaging out in the high fifties. I hear performance optimisations relevant here happen mostly towards the end of a game's development, so I'm hopeful and optimistic performance will be improved by twelvetwelvetwelve!

Edited by Roundlay, November 14 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:23 PM

I really have loved the matches that get balanced right.
It's pretty up in the air whether I'll end up on the winning or losing team, but goddamn if I don't have a fuzzy bunny ton of fun along the way.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:29 PM

nice rig :) pretty similar to mine.

tho mine is an AMD FX @ 3.6 ghz w/ 16 GB 2133mhz DDR5 RAM and a GTX 560. I personally prefer not to overclock as it shortens your CPU lifespans, and I use this as a 3D rendering station more than gaming. lol [it's just obviously fun to game on as well]

I'm curious tho... could you elaborate on what you did to output the footage to the cameras_

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#4 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 14 2012 - 07:27 PM

I think matchmaker does a decent job with what it has. Such a small player base is bound to produce uneven results. I'm hoping things will begin to feel a little better (fairer) as we get closer to official launch.

Good game, you guys made a solid comeback ...just too late.

Nice rig! I run my 3820 at 4.4 ghz, aftermarket cooler never lets it above 40 C :) I'm quite envious of that 690 though. I skimped on gpu (550 ti sc) and ssd space (128 gb) for a nicer case, monitor, etc. Space is not an issue if I have a decent connection, but my lack of power on the graphics end is really beginning to show :unsure:

Edited by marshalade, November 14 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users