HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Distribution and publishing for Hawkens

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MyNewBlast

MyNewBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 10:46 AM

I emailed your contact page on http://www.adhesiveg...om/contact.html

Really interested in more details about your mech game, Hawken   We have a 5 million + email contact list consisting of entertainment consumers. We also have a video game publishing company to get your video game on your desired platform. Preferably Xbox 360. We are also willing to invest the publishing money to get your project finished. What would be your ideal profit share _ Our contact email is MyNewBlast@gmail.com  

I myself am a gamer. I enjoy console more than pc but understand there is a market for both.
I prefer mech games more than the usual first person shooter gun games that seem to be the same old thing. My favorite mech games in order are MechAssault 2, MechAssault 1, and Front Mission Evolved. I think Armored Core 4 and ChromeHounds lacked important aspects to make them amazing games.

#2 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted April 26 2011 - 11:05 AM

Oh boy, here we go.  :|

#3 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted April 26 2011 - 12:20 PM

Is it just me or does this not seem like the right forum to be pushing a commercial offer_

#4 da_smiter

da_smiter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 12:37 PM

MyNewBlast said:

I myself am a gamer. I enjoy console more than pc but understand there is a market for both.
I prefer mech games more than the usual first person shooter gun games that seem to be the same old thing. My favorite mech games in order are MechAssault 2, MechAssault 1, and Front Mission Evolved. I think Armored Core 4 and ChromeHounds lacked important aspects to make them amazing games.

mybe u just sucked a chromehounds / cant think out side the box ... the only poeple that say chrome hounds suck were halo noobs.... the game was the last true skilled game to ever come out and way before its time

#5 Dem

Dem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 12:52 PM

Halo noobs_  Lol, H2 and H3 were like the top 2 mlg games for years, Reach kinda ruined that but w/e.

But yeah, I see your point, just a bit miffed at your example as H3 was like all I used to play  :roll:

#6 MyNewBlast

MyNewBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 12:55 PM

LoBxDa Smiter said:

MyNewBlast said:

mybe u just sucked a chromehounds / cant think out side the box ... the only poeple that say chrome hounds suck were halo noobs.... the game was the last true skilled game to ever come out and way before its time

I'm not saying it sucked. I was in Xbox Bullies XBB for Chromehounds. I played maybe a total of 50 hours ever and went back to MechAssault 2 instead.  I understand that it was a complex game in it's own aspect. Somethings were just flawed in my opinion.

#7 MyNewBlast

MyNewBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 01:00 PM

Dahdah325 said:

Is it just me or does this not seem like the right forum to be pushing a commercial offer_

I see an opportunity here. I like that the game is being contributed into by the community and built by people with a passion for video games. So I feel it's only fair to try and make an offer in public.

#8 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 26 2011 - 02:24 PM

"favorite mech games in order are MechAssault 2, MechAssault 1, and Front Mission Evolved."

0/10

please try again
Mech time all the time

#9 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted April 26 2011 - 02:37 PM

LoBxDa Smiter said:

MyNewBlast said:

Lol, I lost respect for this guy when he mentioned FM:E as one of his favorite mech games.  :roll:

#10 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 03:17 PM

MyNewBlast said:

Really interested in more details about your mech game, Hawken   We have a 5 million + email contact list consisting of entertainment consumers. We also have a video game publishing company to get your video game on your desired platform. Preferably Xbox 360. We are also willing to invest the publishing money to get your project finished. What would be your ideal profit share _ Our contact email is MyNewBlast@gmail.com  

We've gotten quite a flood of emails lately, but we do try to respond as often as we can.  It's possible we missed your message or haven't gotten to it yet, do you mind PMing the details of your company or your original email (or resending to the biz@adhesivegames.com address)_  Thanks for the interest in Hawken!

#11 MyNewBlast

MyNewBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 06:27 PM

[quote name="Flyingdebris"]"favorite mech games in order are MechAssault 2, MechAssault 1, and Front Mission Evolved."

0/10

please try again[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, I lost respect for this guy when he mentioned FM:E as one of his favorite mech games.  :roll:[/quote]

Yeah, like I said, I don't play pc mech games.  MechAssault 1 and 2 were both platinum selling Xbox games. Front Mission Evolved is my favorite mech game for Xbox 360 and wasn't great because it has random team cycling. It's sales aren't to impressive either.

#12 Qwet

Qwet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationmesa AZ

Posted April 26 2011 - 06:55 PM

i dont think they are really ticked off at your choice of games or the fact that your not a serious mech game player most of them probably want to see this game appear on the PC for sure and then maybe consoles. i think all the PC players feel scared since you publicly announced your counsel of choice and are trying to support Adhesive. though personally id be sad too if it only showed on the xbox but that's business.

I also feel bad for the amount of berating thats getting laid on you it seems entirely uncalled for.but thats the internet.

:roll:

#13 Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 09:18 PM

Theres nothing for PC gamers to be afraid of, all videogames are made on PC, also if the game came out for the 360, creating a PC version wouln't be so hard because of how similar the architectures are.

It looks like the team is making the game accessible to all platforms anyway, chances are what we've seen would be the same for the 3 platforms.

#14 MyNewBlast

MyNewBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 27 2011 - 10:33 AM

Qwet said:

i dont think they are really ticked off at your choice of games or the fact that your not a serious mech game player most of them probably want to see this game appear on the PC for sure and then maybe consoles. i think all the PC players feel scared since you publicly announced your counsel of choice and are trying to support Adhesive. though personally id be sad too if it only showed on the xbox but that's business.

I also feel bad for the amount of berating thats getting laid on you it seems entirely uncalled for.but thats the internet.

:roll:

Well I'm glad someone has an understanding of where I'm coming from.  
To set the record straight, I don't have any problems with pc games and feel they have a market. I would just really like to see this game on console and feel Xbox 360 would have the best multiplayer support for it, if done correctly.

#15 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 27 2011 - 02:11 PM

MA 1 and 2 and FM-E are pretty much the red headed stepchilds of their respective franchises.  The games that the fans of the franchise wish or pretend don't/didn't exist.  Kinda like Fallout Brotherhood of Steel to the fallout games, Stalker clear sky to the stalker games, and Operation flashpoint Dragon rising to the Operation flashpoint games.

Then you criticize chromehounds, which though i myself have never played, know that is was lightyears ahead in terms of content and gameplay to FME or the mechassault games. And just about every mech fan i've ever run into, doesn't compare chromehounds unfavorably to the MA games.

Considering that those hot button topics have all been condensed into 1 post..

yeah, I may be completely off base here, but for what its worth thats why I don't think you are really real.
Mech time all the time

#16 da_smiter

da_smiter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted April 27 2011 - 08:01 PM

MyNewBlast said:

LoBxDa Smiter said:

MyNewBlast said:

I'm not saying it sucked. I was in Xbox Bullies XBB for Chromehounds. I played maybe a total of 50 hours ever and went back to MechAssault 2 instead.  I understand that it was a complex game in it's own aspect. Somethings were just flawed in my opinion.

first off the xbb's were a freebattle squad that just teamed up on nubs in free battle. i only played then once in the war 3v4 and won  .... i know most of them mbo, gig  etc and for the most part all cool guyz......,and 50 hrs only thats the time i'd spend on one of my builds in a week lol if u didnt play the war in CH u didnt play CH . and leaving CH to go back to  mechassult 2 is a joke lol .. and flaws u mean learning curve_  the fact that this was the only true skilled mech game out  u only had one life so it make u play smart or {GET smashed}....

#17 MyNewBlast

MyNewBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 29 2011 - 09:52 AM

Flyingdebris said:

MA 1 and 2 and FM-E are pretty much the red headed stepchilds of their respective franchises.  The games that the fans of the franchise wish or pretend don't/didn't exist.  Kinda like Fallout Brotherhood of Steel to the fallout games, Stalker clear sky to the stalker games, and Operation flashpoint Dragon rising to the Operation flashpoint games.

Then you criticize chromehounds, which though i myself have never played, know that is was lightyears ahead in terms of content and gameplay to FME or the mechassault games. And just about every mech fan i've ever run into, doesn't compare chromehounds unfavorably to the MA games.

Considering that those hot button topics have all been condensed into 1 post..

yeah, I may be completely off base here, but for what its worth thats why I don't think you are really real.

I can agree that pc gamers that are fans of the franchise may not like MechAssault 1 or 2 because it is a different experience than they are used to.

I honestly think that MechAssault 2 took way more skill and team work than any other video game ever made.

MechAssault 1 is arcade like and may be why it's frowned upon by MechWarrior fans.

And what do you mean by me being "really real" _

#18 MyNewBlast

MyNewBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 29 2011 - 10:08 AM

[quote name="LoBxDa Smiter"][quote name="MyNewBlast"][quote name="LoBxDa Smiter"][quote name="MyNewBlast"]

Leaving ChromeHounds to go back to MechAssault 2 was an easy decision and personal preference.

I agree there is a learning curve to playing ChromeHounds.   I played it at the start, didn't like it, so I went back to MechAssault 2   I later came back around 6 months before they shut it off to play with XBB. GiggleCollector gave me the good builds and I was running through people. I played a grenade mech and a fast heat seaker mech for the most part and was frowned upon by a lot of people that prefer using slow mechs.

I can't call it the most skilled mech game out.
Skill as in, mental preparation to understand how you would like to create your build and what works and doesn't _

I consider skill as in being able to excel on a level playing field above others. Using the exact same mech as someone else but being better with it.

How you can call MechAssault 2 a joke _ Did you even play it _

#19 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 29 2011 - 01:58 PM

I was assuming that you were trying to troll

sorry i get paranoid about these things, seems we just have wildly divergent tastes

as for mechassault, that series pretty threw any respect it had for the original source material down a gutter.  Thats why so many people didn't like it. Gigantic several hundred ton spider robot bosses, powerups, Atlases firing giant purple blasts as "alpha strikes", lava missiles, pew pew style projectile lasers, generic HP, "hacking mechs," everything glowing, Thats why its considering a particular sore spot among mech fans.
Mech time all the time

#20 MyNewBlast

MyNewBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 29 2011 - 07:29 PM

Flyingdebris said:

I was assuming that you were trying to troll

sorry i get paranoid about these things, seems we just have wildly divergent tastes

as for mechassault, that series pretty threw any respect it had for the original source material down a gutter.  Thats why so many people didn't like it. Gigantic several hundred ton spider robot bosses, powerups, Atlases firing giant purple blasts as "alpha strikes", lava missiles, pew pew style projectile lasers, generic HP, "hacking mechs," everything glowing, Thats why its considering a particular sore spot among mech fans.

I would agree that the single player mode for MechAssault 2 was terrible.
The spider mechs were stupid. Power ups made the game for multiplayer. Alpha Strikes made the game fun. Lava missiles, never seen. I thought the little lasers weren't bad, kind of useless. Hacking mechs was unique, if you were a top player you should never get hacked. I don't remember everything glowing...

What made MechAssault a great game in my opinion was the multiplayer.  
You have up to 6 vs 6  
Red Spawn vs Blue Spawn   No random spawning because bad kids  now don't like getting spawn camped.
4 - 6 different mechs in each spawn, equally good in their own way. Selected to fit the map so it's rock paper scissors. A Vtol / air plane that delivers power ups that are crucial to the games success.
Maps that you have to rush a strategic location or lose because you will get spawn camped.
Every mech is great except for maybe 2.  
3 different types of weapons classes and power ups. Red = Missiles
Blue = Lasers Yellows = Ballistics
3 different types of defenses on all the mechs
3 different specialties. Target jamming, invisibility cloak, Ragnarok / Ymir Shield
Alpha Strike
Tanks that can knock mechs over
Pov missile that you can guide from your base
Everything in the game is destructible except the mountains / hills.
You can steal mechs from other teams base or neurohack them.
The scale is amazing. Walk around as a pilot, then a mech inside a city.
Jump jets so you can get on mountains / hills / building / other mechs / etc.
Nearly everything is interactive.
Best part. Wall walking   Takes months to master and use in combat. Climb hills / mountains in any mech.
I could probably think of more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users