HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Item recharge time

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Stummer_Schrei

Stummer_Schrei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 15 2012 - 01:40 AM

How about items get recharged after lets say 3-5 min for emp 1.5-3min for shild and so on.

turrets get destroyed after a 2nd one gets spawned.

#2 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted November 15 2012 - 01:58 AM

I'd normally say no, but considering ammo is generated through some form of sorcery, I really don't see why not. Then you're not punished so much for staying alive rather than dieing for actives.
Posted Image

#3 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 15 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostUrvanis, on November 15 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

I'd normally say no, but considering ammo is generated through some form of sorcery, I really don't see why not. Then you're not punished so much for staying alive rather than dieing for actives.

Hah, figured I was the only one desperate to do that. I do have to say it'd just make a player like me from a skilled monster to a skilled OP SOB.

Posted Image

#4 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted November 15 2012 - 04:31 AM

It happened to me that a well-placed MG turret did a good job: It shepherd the enemy and I even got kills from it. However, I did not die during the entire match, and they took out my turret and radar. I can really miss those sometimes in similar cases.

Another time I was glad when I died: FREE STUFF!
I think recharge is not neccessariliy a good idea (especialy when the previous ones are still in use). The items are the compensation rewards for the weaker team. So if the dominating team would recharge them, they would get an even greater advantage.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#5 MK501

MK501

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted November 15 2012 - 04:50 AM

Perhaps IF we get rentable servers, it could be made selectable ( normal/recharge/off ). I like it fine as it is on the official ones though.
Posted Image

#6 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted November 15 2012 - 04:59 AM

Only having items 1 per respawn is what helps balence the game where powerful players dont get items and the ones that keep dieing do it helps noobs kill the pro players. if someone tries out the game and gets demolished right after spawn a lot of them wont play and that is a loss of players, game income and as a result less content updates.

#7 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted November 15 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostHouruck, on November 15 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

It happened to me that a well-placed MG turret did a good job: It shepherd the enemy and I even got kills from it. However, I did not die during the entire match, and they took out my turret and radar. I can really miss those sometimes in similar cases.

I think recharge is not neccessariliy a good idea (especialy when the previous ones are still in use). The items are the compensation rewards for the weaker team. So if the dominating team would recharge them, they would get an even greater advantage.

Yep, what he said. Stopped caring as much about my K/D ratio and just dying so I could have more items. NOMNOM MORE!
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#8 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted November 15 2012 - 06:52 AM

View PostHouruck, on November 15 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

You make a good point, I use my actives as aces. Something to use when I'm in a bind. Not for the hell of it. And I don't get in a bind too often, so if they recharged, I'd seldom ever die. So I agree, its better the way it is now.

Edited by Urvanis, November 15 2012 - 06:52 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 15 2012 - 08:12 AM

good idea, tho it may need to be more complicated than that. Check out my forum on this topic if you get a chance :)

http://community.pla...eas/#entry93038

Edited by Ace4225, November 15 2012 - 08:13 AM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#10 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 15 2012 - 08:12 AM

There's no need for item recharge/reloading.

K/D doesn't matter beyond epeening (unless you're dying excessively), and if you really feel you need more items, you can just suicide or get yourself killed.

And if you do want to play the K/D metagame, then item usage takes on a whole new outlook, because you have to be smart. You have to figure those moments when you really need them, and not just any panic moment.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#11 Stummer_Schrei

Stummer_Schrei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 15 2012 - 11:01 PM

i rarly use items, i just don't like the idea that ppl in deathmatch can just spam items if they suck there^^

#12 SmaCkexe

SmaCkexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted November 17 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostStummer_Schrei, on November 15 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

How about items get recharged after lets say 3-5 min for emp 1.5-3min for shild and so on.

turrets get destroyed after a 2nd one gets spawned.

I agree.  I often go 5+ kills and use my items up.  I wish there was a way for me to refresh my items after use.  Even if it is a long timer it would be great.  I have gone many matches with just 2 or 3 deaths and I had to do it with no more HE Grenades or Healing Charges.
Posted Image

#13 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 18 2012 - 02:45 AM

Recharging shouldn't really be necessary. If it's added, it needs to be in a controlled way, like you go to some kind of "Garage" spot on the map.

Automatic is bad, even with those time limits.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#14 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 18 2012 - 03:01 AM

I feel the consensus, at least from the higher level of players, is that it is not necessary. Ignoring turret balance issues, items are additional tools that should get used appropriately and better players will make better use of them. Its mainly a skill issue for worse players who have yet to learn how best to use them and also negate the effectiveness of enemy items. Allow people to replenish item, however it is implemented mechanically I feel will dilute the precision and knowledge needed to be effective as possible with items. By taking items away from people on kill streaks, it also means there's a greater chance someone can get a kill back on them. Letting them get more will compound the advantage they have and will most likely fall victim to some form of abuse or exploit like the turrets in walls thing we had in CBE2.

Posted Image

#15 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 18 2012 - 02:58 PM

I've thought about it, and it makes sense now that any good player who already dominates will just become invincible with an item recycle time [unless it was unusably long, like 4-5 minutes, but that would be pointless in 15-minute games]

Still, I like the idea that we could somehow replenish items without having to die. It just needs to be competitive...

Perhaps there could just be random item drops on map for players to pick up. Or, there could be lighter versions of the items that you could carry more of...

I.E. :

Heavy MG turret -
8 damage / round
limit: 1

Med MG turret -
5 damage / round
limit: 2

Light MG turret -
2 damage / round
limit: 3

short-range portable radar
range: 250m

med-range portable radar
range: 500m

etc

EDIT: corrected wording a little

Edited by Ace4225, November 18 2012 - 03:21 PM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#16 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 18 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostAce4225, on November 18 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

I've thought about it, and it makes sense now that any good player who already dominates will just become invincible with an item recycle time [unless it was unusably long, like 4-5 minutes, but that would be pointless in 15-minute games]

Still, I like the idea that we could somehow replenish items without having to die. It just needs to be competitive...

Perhaps there could just be random item drops on map for players to pick up. Or, there could be lighter versions of the items that you could carry more of...

I.E. :

Heavy MG turret -
8 DPS / round

Med MG turret -
5 DPS / round

Light MG turret -
2 DPS / round
limit: 3

short-range portable radar
range: 250m

med-range portable radar
range: 500m

etc
Do you know what DPS means_

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#17 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 18 2012 - 03:15 PM

damage points_ I was only guessing. Anyway, that's what I meant

those stats were only conceptual; obviously not planned for use. I updated my post.

Edited by Ace4225, November 18 2012 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#18 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 18 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostAce4225, on November 18 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

damage points_ I was only guessing. Anyway, that's what I meant

those stats were only conceptual; obviously not planned for use.
Okay. Yeah. DPS stands for Damage Per Second
So having a 8 DPS / round item means you'd have something that fires a single 8 damage round every second. That, of course, works out to 8 DPS, which as you may imagine, is less than effective.

The numbers aren't exactly known, but the standard MG turret in the game does a minimal DPS of 80, just to give you a point of reference.

Hope this helps.

AJK is right

#19 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 18 2012 - 03:26 PM

that makes sense. How do you feel about the general idea of lighter items with more uses_

Edited by Ace4225, November 18 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#20 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 18 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm not entirely sure about the idea of "lighter" items.
In most cases it seems superfluous, making variants are unneeded.

However, I have discussed the idea of having item drops located around the map with Beemann a few times.
Never really got into details, but I'm not opposed to it (presuming it was done right of course, which of course, is in the details which I haven't given much thought at this moment in time).

AJK is right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users