HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New abilities & weapons_!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:42 AM

Started up hawken to patch it (not sure if it did correctly or not) to find that my purchased mechs appear to be gone (this could be an issue with the servers not being up yet), I have 14300 meteor points (this could be because of the Vanguard Initiative even though it shouldn't be because the rewards are released after open beta's launch) and a few of the old mechs and new mechs have new weapons.
  • Rev-GL - Grenadier (C-Class GL): simply shows up with 'placeholder' when you hover over it.
  • Seeker - Rocketeer (C-Class Hellfire): A quick-firing missile launching system. Can be guided towards enemies if directly targetted at launch.
Sadly, the new weapons don't have active stat summaries at the moment, both showing that they generate 0 heat and deal 0 damage per fire, with a RoF @ 1.

New abilities (I could have not been paying attention during CBE2 and not seen these, but I'm fairly sure they're new) are found across a couple mechs!
  • Artillery Turret - Grenadier (C-Class GL): Convert to a heavy defense mode with increased weapon and item damage.
  • Damage Absorb* - Bruiser (B-Class Hellfire): Reduce all damage taken for a short time.
  • Fuel Reserves - Scout (A-Class Tow): Quickly replenish a good amount of thruster fuel from a reserve tank.
If you saw these abilities or weapons during CBE2, let me know so they can be removed; I'm not out to clutter the betaforums with redundancy.

Edited by Kyrzon, November 20 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#2 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:24 AM

Take a very short look around. CBE2 hasn't actually started yet. You figured they might have noticed the things that are wrong.

As for "new" stuff... *cough*.

#3 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostGunsnButter, on November 20 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Take a very short look around. CBE2 hasn't actually started yet. You figured they might have noticed the things that are wrong.

I think you may be mistaken, CBE2 ended a few weeks ago. I was only able to participate the first two days of CBE2 due to work constraints (work retail, and it's the holiday season) which is why I was asking folks if these were actually present in CBE2. I'm not sure if you thought that I meant CBE3, because CBE3 hasn't actually started yet, but will soon.

#4 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostKyrzon, on November 20 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

View PostGunsnButter, on November 20 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

I think you may be mistaken, CBE2 ended a few weeks ago. I was only able to participate the first two days of CBE2 due to work constraints (work retail, and it's the holiday season) which is why I was asking folks if these were actually present in CBE2. I'm not sure if you thought that I meant CBE3, because CBE3 hasn't actually started yet, but will soon.
you'll note the *cough* part. IE some of us aren't allowed to talk about it. aaaaanyways...

#5 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, I managed to pop into the garage before official launching to check things out as well. I take full responsibility if I fuzzy bunny my account up, people that are not may end up with the mechs from CBE2 while those of us that pop in early may be resetting our own levels - I don't know for sure.

The beta hasn't started yet, there will be another large patch just like last beta before the official launch. This will fix the things that look wrong to you, because we're not running the most up to date version. Accessing your account before the official start could cause errors, now and later. I would highly recommend not making any types of changes if you can get into your garage.
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#6 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:41 AM

Heh, I get it now. I was involved in something I'm not supposed to talk about, but there weren't things that I wasn't supposed to talk about present when I wasn't supposed to be talking about them, which would also be right now, that I am also not talking about, either.

#7 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 01:58 PM

So, i don't like that stats still don't change with optimisations.
But i like that they fixed special weapon fire rate to %.

#8 NY_TimeBombTimmy

NY_TimeBombTimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationB-LO

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:32 PM

Two games in with the new Seeker and I'm liking it so far. It fires quick, and generates enough heat to try and prevent some spamming. A single shot is pretty worthless though. Combined with the hellfires it makes the rocketeer feel like a more effective mech, especially at mid-close ranges. Time will tell though, I know these games were horribly unbalanced team skill wise.

#9 Commander_Pinkie_Pie

Commander_Pinkie_Pie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:03 PM

All I needed to hear was rechargable items!

w00t!

#10 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:05 PM

So... how do you like new sabot_ (and slug kinda too).
Useless_

#11 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted November 20 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostSparkard, on November 20 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

So... how do you like new sabot_ (and slug kinda too).
Useless_
Wet noodle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users