HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Surround or Eyefinity Support

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Therris

Therris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 12:39 PM

Surround/ Eyefinity support:

It's a simple adjustment in vertical FOV with resolution changes, and maybe some UI position conditionals. I can't imagine it would take more than a couple hours to implement and test, at most.

For a game like this it feels like something that would be assumed as a feature.

#2 Zolthar

Zolthar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'm also on a Eyefinity setup. Will be glad to test any beta patch that would allow it.

But at this point, I don't thing they will add it. :(

#3 gunhe4d

gunhe4d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:48 PM

This has come up before, but I will add my support to this thread regardless as I am on a surround setup and this game would be amazing with proper eyefinity/surround support.  There were some rumors of early build promo vids/screenshots of the game on three monitors so it was something that they had at one point.  I thought maybe it was something they removed for competition reasons, but support for Oculus Rift indicates that probably isn't the issue.  Might just be an oversight or an adjustment that didn't take priority over other issues for these beta builds.

#4 TJ

TJ

Former Lead Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHAWKEN HQ

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:50 PM

Game works with NVIDIA 3D Surround, I did some work on it for CBT1, and we allow upping the FOV. Haven't tested eyefinity. What's the issue_
email me if you need some dev love <3 | Poor performance_ Send me specs, I try fix for you!!

#5 gunhe4d

gunhe4d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:37 PM

5760 x 1080 is a select-able resolution in the settings for my nVidia surround, but the game is not rendered correctly in this resolution.  FOV settings don't help because it only adjusts the FOV of the environment, not the cockpit and HUD.  Here are some screenshots that should illustrate the issue.

http://imgur.com/a/EvQz6

#6 Zolthar

Zolthar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:52 PM

HUD and cockpit should be centered.
The game is just zoomed in caus the FOV is too low, even at 100.

From WSGF fov calculator;

Total Resolution = 5760 by 1080 Pixels
Surround aspect ratio = 16 : 3 or 5.333333
Individual monitor aspect ratio = 16 : 9 or 1.777778
Horizontal FOV = 151.93
Vertical FOV = 73.74

We don't ask for such a high horizontal fov, but 100 is way too low.

#7 ET

ET

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:46 AM

With Eyefinity, its like trying to play the game while looking through a telescope.

We need free access to the FOV perhaps via the console (which has been disabled!__) in order to provide informed feedback on what works and what does not.  For now the what does NOT work is a maximum of 90° FOV. I am guessing around 120 - 130 will be required to be closer but we need to be able to test this and give feedback.

#8 Therris

Therris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 09:45 AM

Got this from Widescreen gaming forums:
http://www.wsgf.org/...=21811&start=10

"Detects and applies multi-monitor resolution fine, but World FOV and cockpit FOV are vert-.

Opening HawkenEngine.ini and changing the line "AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainXFOV" to "AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV" fixed the external world view, but the cockpit view remains untouched and unusable. So close, yet so far."

Edited by Therris, November 22 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#9 SuperNutz

SuperNutz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 11:17 AM

Would've been great if surround were to working correctly

#10 Zolthar

Zolthar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostTherris, on November 22 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Got this from Widescreen gaming forums:
http://www.wsgf.org/...=21811&start=10

"Detects and applies multi-monitor resolution fine, but World FOV and cockpit FOV are vert-.

Opening HawkenEngine.ini and changing the line "AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainXFOV" to "AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV" fixed the external world view, but the cockpit view remains untouched and unusable. So close, yet so far."
I confirm that this is working nicely on my Eyefinity setup. External world is fine, but as you say the cockpit is way too zoomed. The crossair is like 3/4 the size of my middle screen (LOL).

I was already aware of the vert- fov problem. Same as UT3. :(

Edited by Zolthar, November 22 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#11 Talesin

Talesin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted November 22 2012 - 07:07 PM

Yep. It's possible to play, but the video isn't a wider view, it's just the middle third of the screen zoomed in, with the top and bottom thirds chopped off. Major DISadvantage to anyone playing on a triple-head setup (like me), and actually causes severe nausea. And I don't get motion sick easily.

NOT proper widescreen gaming support. PLEASE fix it, Devs!

(Seriously, have been mentioning this as a problem since A2! Needs to be horiz+, not vert- mode as it is now, and actually provide a proper wider FOV given the super-panoramic 48:9 (or thereabouts) display. Come ON, you're already building the full cockpit view for Oculus Rift users. It can't be THAT much harder to actually do surround gaming right!)

Edited by Talesin, November 22 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Win7-64, Core i7 920@2.67GHz, 48GB RAM, Radeon HD6870, 6004x1080 @ Ultra
Devs, PLEASE ensure proper Eyefinity support!

#12 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:10 PM

FOV Override in game config files:

View PostArnieF4440, on November 03 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

• Changing FOV:

My GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfigHawkenGame.ini
[HawkenGame.R_PlayerController_Base]
FOV_Override=[your fov here]

Should help a bit, I guess

Edited by ArnieF4440, November 22 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#13 Talesin

Talesin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted November 26 2012 - 03:11 PM

It doesn't. It makes the guns appear in multiple ghost-images at the sides, very SLIGHTLY gives a wider FOV, but still completely chops off the top and bottom thirds of the screen as compared to a 16:9 monitor, when playing at ~48:9.

Bumping, as I very rarely do, but I feel this is an important thing to get fixed before release, or it will just be ignored FOREVER, as with many other games that have it 'on the bug-tracker'. Devs, PLEASE actually FIX this to work properly in widescreen! Going 'meh, it doesn't crash and **** itself' isn't proper ultra-widescreen support!
Win7-64, Core i7 920@2.67GHz, 48GB RAM, Radeon HD6870, 6004x1080 @ Ultra
Devs, PLEASE ensure proper Eyefinity support!

#14 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 26 2012 - 05:12 PM

yeah Talesin is right, if you do this properly i'll but another 2 monitors right away
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#15 AzureShadow

AzureShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yeah this very much needs fixed. We need to be able to change the FOV to at least 150, I normally prefer 165 on my triple monitor setup. And even now when the higher resolution is selected it completely ruins the game UI and cockpit view as the pictures above show.

#16 ShadowSkulkerer

ShadowSkulkerer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:35 AM

While browsing the forum and reading this thread about lack of some sort of support for AMD's video cards I discovered something I never knew existed.   I never knew you could strech out one application display like that in fullscreen across multiple monitors.   I have two monitors.   With two SLI Nvidia Geforce GTX 660ti's could I presumably do this_

Edited by ShadowSkulkerer, November 27 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#17 ThunderLicker

ThunderLicker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 12:46 PM

Agreed. I also game in eyefinity, really want to see this fixed. The game already looks great, getting it working properly in eyefinity would take it to a whole new level of awesome!

Edited by ThunderLicker, November 27 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#18 Zolthar

Zolthar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostShadowSkulkerer, on November 27 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

While browsing the forum and reading this thread about lack of some sort of support for AMD's video cards I discovered something I never knew existed.   I never knew you could strech out one application display like that in fullscreen across multiple monitors.   I have two monitors.   With two SLI Nvidia Geforce GTX 660ti's could I presumably do this_
Well, 2 monitors will look weird as the crossair will be in the middle between the monitors. But you can still try. To achieve the proper effect, you need 3 monitors with the exact same resolution.

Read about it. It's nice, but crazy expensive, and extremely hard on your VGAs as they need to work for 3x the normal resolution. And not all the games work that way.

#19 SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!

SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!

Technical Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:13 PM

Chiming in my two cents here.  We have multiple people set up with nv Surround systems in the office now, and this is a very important issue now.  Especially to those of us who have these setups (e.g. ME).  

I can't make promises of when this will be fixed, but it will be.

#20 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostSUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS, on November 27 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Chiming in my two cents here.  We have multiple people set up with nv Surround systems in the office now, and this is a very important issue now.  Especially to those of us who have these setups (e.g. ME).  

I can't make promises of when this will be fixed, but it will be.

My two out of my three 27 inch monitors thank you in advance, as they sit unused right now, am currently forcing Hawken to the middle screen in a lower res.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users