HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Surround or Eyefinity Support

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Talesin

Talesin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostSUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS, on November 27 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Chiming in my two cents here.  We have multiple people set up with nv Surround systems in the office now, and this is a very important issue now.  Especially to those of us who have these setups (e.g. ME).  

I can't make promises of when this will be fixed, but it will be.
Waiting with bated breath, sir. Since Alpha.

Also, three 1920x1080 monitors aren't all that expensive.. $150 a pop for decent ones, plus another $150-250 or so for a workable AMD Eyefinity card, and $30x2 for a pair of active mini-DP->HDMI(or DVI) adapters. So about $800 all said and done, assuming you don't already have an Eyefinity card, and have to buy three monitors (instead of just two more of your current make/model).

Totally worth it, by the way. Completely. The awesome/usefulness of a second monitor_ It just gets better with a third. As it is, I have my main project/game/whatever maximized on my main monitor, browser and secondary reference materials on the second, and all of my IMs, chat windows and background feeds on the third instead of squished together and fighting for screen space on the secondary, and possibly popping up over something I needed to read if I get a message while working.

Again, pretty much all that needs to happen to fix this is to move from determining FOV from the horizontal to the vertical axis. And of course mapping out the rest of the cockpit, but... c'mon. That's already being done for the Rift, right_ Right.

Edited by Talesin, November 27 2012 - 11:05 PM.

Win7-64, Core i7 920@2.67GHz, 48GB RAM, Radeon HD6870, 6004x1080 @ Ultra
Devs, PLEASE ensure proper Eyefinity support!

#22 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:40 AM

Eh, I don't think I'd want to tolerate something like this unless they made perfectly seamless edges. Bezels would drive me nuts.

So I'll go for a single, 2560x1600 monitor instead. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#23 AzureShadow

AzureShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:50 AM

Actually with three monitors you barely even notice the bezels. And with AMD cards (nVidia prolly does to but I can't confirm it) you can even have bezel compensation which renders a slightly larger picture but you don't get the screen jump.

#24 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostAzureShadow, on November 28 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Actually with three monitors you barely even notice the bezels. And with AMD cards (nVidia prolly does to but I can't confirm it) you can even have bezel compensation which renders a slightly larger picture but you don't get the screen jump.

Position them the right way and it's like a real cockpit with 3 seperate viewscreens/windows.
Put on a decent headset and in 5-10 minutes it's like you're in the game.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#25 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:09 AM

Well, a few days ago I thought I read something about some monitor maker having made a nearly bezel-less (1mm) monitor. That would be pretty interesting to try this with, as from any respectable distance, you're not going to notice a 2mm gap.

That said, one's desk would also have to have room, and since my current (and next) desks are L-Shaped corner desks, I don't think it's ideal for that. :P

Edited by DarkPulse, November 29 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#26 ShadowSkulkerer

ShadowSkulkerer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostZolthar, on November 27 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

View PostShadowSkulkerer, on November 27 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

While browsing the forum and reading this thread about lack of some sort of support for AMD's video cards I discovered something I never knew existed.   I never knew you could strech out one application display like that in fullscreen across multiple monitors.   I have two monitors.   With two SLI Nvidia Geforce GTX 660ti's could I presumably do this_
Well, 2 monitors will look weird as the crossair will be in the middle between the monitors. But you can still try. To achieve the proper effect, you need 3 monitors with the exact same resolution.

Read about it. It's nice, but crazy expensive, and extremely hard on your VGAs as they need to work for 3x the normal resolution. And not all the games work that way.

Oh... Yeah I see how that would work.   I was ignorant of this kind of ability before.   I can't afford the extra monitor after the purchase of the video cards and I don't have quite the space anyway.

#27 AzureShadow

AzureShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 29 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Well, a few days ago I thought I read something about some monitor maker having made a nearly bezel-less (1mm) monitor. That would be pretty interesting to try this with, as from any respectable distance, you're not going to notice a 2mm gap.

That said, one's desk would also have to have room, and since my current (and next) desks are L-Shaped corner desks, I don't think it's ideal for that. :P

I use a set of 3 LG Flatron 24" monitors. The bezels on these are approx 1/4inch so the gap is prolly about 1/2inch, give or take just a little bit since I have the side monitors angled. You honestly don't really notice it especially with bezel image correction turned on.

#28 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted December 11 2012 - 09:44 PM

Would love full eyefinity support for Hawken...this is my current setup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

5760x1080 via two MSI Radeon HD6950s 2GB Twin Frozr III in crossfire over three 24" LCD monitors mounted on a triple monitor stand, the screens to either side of the centre one sit ever just behind it so that the image is only broken by one 1-1.5cm bezel and with bezel compensation turned on, I really do not notice the bezel during gameplay.

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#29 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 09:47 PM

Bezel edges_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users