HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken G4TV X-Play_

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ApocalypeX

ApocalypeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted April 28 2011 - 10:07 PM

This was posted on twitter a while ago:

http://twitter.com/#...106352680386561

Has this been aired yet_ If so where would I be able to watch it online_ I'm from the England so I don't get G4tv.

#2 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 29 2011 - 03:49 AM

I believe X-Play's Hawken segment has already been aired. On the official X-Play Twitter account, there was a tweet made on the 16th of April that reads:

If you don't know what Hawken is yet, you need to, and we'll fill you in on Monday's all-new X-Play, 6:30pm PT/ET.
Meaning, it was included in their broadcast on the 18th of April. According to the X-Play Facebook page, the segment lasted 30 seconds. I'll try to locate a video of it online.

#3 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 29 2011 - 10:46 AM

Cool! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#4 ApocalypeX

ApocalypeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted April 29 2011 - 01:24 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

I believe X-Play's Hawken segment has already been aired. On the official X-Play Twitter account, there was a tweet made on the 16th of April that reads:

If you don't know what Hawken is yet, you need to, and we'll fill you in on Monday's all-new X-Play, 6:30pm PT/ET.
Meaning, it was included in their broadcast on the 18th of April. According to the X-Play Facebook page, the segment lasted 30 seconds. I'll try to locate a video of it online.
Yeah I thought it may have been aired already but I haven't been able to locate the video online.

#5 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted April 30 2011 - 12:07 PM

Has anyone found it yet_

#6 [HWK]BobEntropy

[HWK]BobEntropy

Technical Director

• Adhesive Games
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted May 02 2011 - 03:24 PM

The day of that twitter post already released Hawken video was on 30 Seconds of Awesome on X-Play.

Khang also did an interview for a slightly longer feature on Hawken which they said would air in a few weeks, and we gave them a new short teaser video to use. I don't think it's aired yet, we'll let you know if we hear when it will air.

#7 Dem

Dem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted May 02 2011 - 04:08 PM

JonKreuzer said:

I don't think it's aired yet, we'll let you know if we hear when it will air.

I think I just heard something about Hawken on X-Play.  It said it was airing it tomorrow.

#8 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted May 03 2011 - 01:50 PM

Good news everybody! X-play's "First Look" at Hawken will premiere on their Wednesday broadcast.  :) That's tomorrow, May 3rd. I believe X-play airs three times a day, so try and find a time-slot that fits into your schedule or set-up a recording. This will be Hawken's first appearance on international television! So excited! :D

Edit: Well it looks like G4 has already posted the "First Look" segment on their website. You can find it here. With exposure like this, I think we can expect a suddent surge of awesome fans popping up on these boards. It's going to be a lot of fun watching this community grow.

#9 Pawken

Pawken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted May 03 2011 - 08:21 PM

Awesome thanks Lavalamp
Posted Image

#10 Ganthir

Ganthir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSteel City

Posted May 03 2011 - 11:06 PM

As soon as Khang Lee said he had influence from Bladerunner he became one of my favorite artists. I adore Bladerunner and it's universe and I can certainly see where the influences seep through into his designs. I'm going to love this game so much, I can hardly wait!

Bladerunner Blues

#11 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 04 2011 - 04:33 AM

Thanks for the link, bro.

I can't tell just how excited I am to hear about the sources of inspiration for this game.

#12 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted May 04 2011 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for the link!  Looks like there's two versions of the interview.  A longer version will play after the first video.

#13 ontheDL

ontheDL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 04 2011 - 09:31 AM

Just caught the interview on X play right now, and all I can say is WOW. Never been a fan of mech games but this looks incredible.

I almost always have to play an FPS before I buy it, but I'm gonna make an exception with this one. Day 1 purchase.

#14 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 04 2011 - 09:49 AM

I've just watched the video. Cool! ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#15 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 12:18 PM

They wanted to put makeup on Khang but he was already wearing too much  :P

#16 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 05 2011 - 12:42 PM

Lol :D

Posted Image

#17 Maligkno

Maligkno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 06 2011 - 10:17 AM

i was realy suprised theres only 9 developers working on this game and only a few months in they have an awsome game that can top the big AAA titles.

Posted Image

#18 Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted May 16 2011 - 08:52 PM

Yup, graphics technlogy has been the same long enough that something like this has been possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users