HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Remarks so far

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:47 PM

The items regenerate now. I do not really like that, but it remains to be seen how this works.
http://community.pla...-recharge-time/

I think the game is faster than before, and not just because my client lowered the graphical settings to medium. The mechs seems to be more agile, hovering is more effective. I played as a Sharpshooter (I miss my Civ chassis) and it feels that this class got weakened. Not just because there is a bullet trail now, but the accuracy feeled a little off from what I am used to. The new sounds and graphics are nicem but sometimes I could not decide wheter I hit someone. I know this sounds weird. I probably will get used to it.

The maps got renovated and got new names I am cool with that.
The new enemy sighted icon is way to big. I did not know there was a visibility problem with the previous solution. This just blocked the enemy for me

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#2 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:23 PM

im not sure how i feel on the item regeneration... but if they give each item an appropriate cooldown time, i dont see a problem. for example if the EMP refreshed every 30 seconds i'd be pissed but if it had a 2 minute cool down, i'd be happy.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#3 OverWolf

OverWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationMy mech, kicking back with fine wine.

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostHouruck, on November 20 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

. . .  the accuracy feeled a little off from what I am used to.
a
I feel inclined to agree.  Now, I'm sure the accuracy issue also has a lot to do with me being rusty during the gap of CBT tests, but even after toning down my mouse sensitivity (I noticed mechs turned faster and that messed with my sniping) I'm noticing something "not right" with how accuracy handles with both guns (the Slug and the Sabot).

Though, the devs have also modified the speeds of mechs, how they jump, boosting and so on.  Thus, all things considered I probably haven't played enough to actually be convicted this is something IN THE GAME and not just a matter of adapting to changes.

Edited by OverWolf, November 20 2012 - 04:45 PM.

Posted Image
This is the Prelude to a New Revolution
Main Mech: Brawler; Secondary Mech: SharpShooter

#4 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hmmm interesting.. I haven't hopped in my SS mech yet, but i will report back with my thoughts here after a handful of hours to get accustomed to the updated gameplay. Haven't even booted up CBE3 yet, but I will be joining the battlefield shortly after modding .ini files.

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users