HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Share your first impressions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:10 PM

After playing some few games today..

Wow! The game runs smoothly and faster now. A bunch of new and cool touches here and there. Maps for example look even cooler than before and have been undoubtfuly optimized as well. Movement and weapons and balancing improved too. Long etcetera.. just to state that my first impressions are.. thumbs up and hats off! :D

P.S. I've had a crash quitting a match and I've not been able to apply an internal due to an odd funds misinterpretation.. other than that; very impressed! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#2 Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:11 PM

"Wow, those are some fuzzy bunny mechs."

EDIT: Okay, they sensor THAT word_ Eh. Anyways, the mechs have gotten pretty good looking. Gonna need a few more matches before I have an opinion on the gameplay itself.

Edited by Evex_Wolfwing, November 20 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image

Prepare to Pilot your Level!

#3 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:05 PM

I don't like how much you can boost. It takes away the "weighty" feel of the game. I also hate that they decided points at the EU have infinite energy. How siege works now is great for quick matches... though I don't want quick matches. Maybe have this version of siege and the original version of siege as options_ Having only matchmaking available is probably for testing so I won't worry about that.

Everything else is pretty amazing and all I can really complain about are design decisions. The game runs very well now. The added sound effects make the game feel like much more is going on and the SFX in the menus is a lot better.

Overall it's an improvement, I kindof disagree with the direction they're taking but I haven't really played enough to have a full opinion.

Edited by z121231211, November 21 2012 - 02:34 AM.

Desert Fox

#4 Bongwater

Bongwater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm loving it so far. The + and - stats on the internal components make alot more sense than just + bonuses. Also, the do away of limited ammunition for your offensive and defensive items is great! The only issue i'm having is constant "Account sync failure" and inability to access my friendslist!
Overall, I am enjoying this more than CB2, minus a few hiccups that are typical of new build launches.

#5 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:18 PM

The + and - of items is welcome. though theyve stated that is not their final numbers on those.

The end screen where it shows the top 3 kill leaders, death leaders, and assist leaders is awesome.

Mechs still feel weighty but i noticed they have a welcome beginning ''jump'' hard to explain but in earlier versions it felt like you were boosting off of the ground. now it feels like your legs ''jump'' and then start boosting. makes it feel more realistic how a bipedal humanoid or machine would ''move''

The armor indicator when you repair is still there but with a bit more pizzas.

Mechs look much better, sounds are great, and the new ''enemy sighted'' on your hug is a welcome addition.

Over all nothing feels over powered to me. I owuld like to see the sabot get a bit of a buff (but not quite back to where it was in CB2)

over all im HIGHLY impressed and even more confident in my 60$ purchase on the vanguard.

great work guys.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#6 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:29 PM

i get 5 mins of play then says "out of memory run 64 bit version" no need to go into it here though i know what the issue is question is will they fix it__ SECOND: the SA Hawkens used to be a good gun NOT op low damage most prefer the slug rifle. QUESTION: why did you guys nerf the heck out of the SA hawkens___ now it fires really slow and fires everywhere BUT where you aim it "useless" my friends says heh. i am one the the few that actually used the SA hawkens (most used slug) the old SA hawkens was not very accurate at range either but if you had some skill you could aim it right and hit stuff somewhat. NOW its just silly it hits nothing at all and seemingly spits rounds in random directions any ideas__ we are for the moment throwing our hands up in the air (shrug)

#7 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostDecoy101x, on November 20 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

The end screen where it shows the top 3 kill leaders, death leaders, and assist leaders is awesome.

Yes it is ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#8 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:15 PM

@Darkbolt:
They actually buffed SA pretty much. It's just they made the change to sharpshooter that when he's not zoomed, it can't hit a wall even if you face it and stand milimeters from it :S.

#9 Female

Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:16 PM

Disappointed.
Posted Image

#10 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:50 PM

The frame rate had been bad for me, even on the lowest of settings.

Edited by Cyclonus, November 20 2012 - 05:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users