HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

please fix the SA Hawkens

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:52 PM

Don't get me wrong guys love the new looks and so on BUT!!! there are a few things that are simply silly and or not even worth using anymore at this point. In this thread i refer to the "SA hawkens" As it was in CB2 it was a good gun (not too good) you could with some skill hit targets at medium and even long range somewhat.

Now how ever this weapon is now just been re worked it seems and its not very good at all. The fire rate is awful (very slow) and then to compound the slow fire rate problem further the accuracy of the weapon has just gone silly. After testing the SA hawkens i found that it fires literally everywhere but where you aim it. The shots/rounds actually fire wildly in random directions and angles making it to say the least a very frustrating situation.

This in turn forces me to use the slug rifle and frankly im scared to see what has been done to that. I sure hope im not out of options weapon wise and not stuck with just a sabot rifle. I will try later for now i seem to have lost the excitement and the will to play for now since my guns have been swapped out with a nerf foam rifle.

DEVS- i don't usually ask for much, i am easy to please and im generally happy :D but for this one time only please listen to reason and thank you for reading :D

Edited by Darkbolt, November 20 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#2 omnissiah19

omnissiah19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:31 PM

yes for one person they're going to change the fuzzy bunny weapon
Begin transmission. The world collapses behind me.Posted Image

#3 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm sorry, a sniper class that actually has to use its scope is not a bad thing. It means that you actually have to play like a sniper now- Hang back and scope in to take peope out. Can't really run around and shotgun people at point blank with your weapons as well as before.

I'm happy with the changes.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostNitris, on November 20 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

I'm sorry, a sniper class that actually has to use its scope is not a bad thing. It means that you actually have to play like a sniper now- Hang back and scope in to take peope out. Can't really run around and shotgun people at point blank with your weapons as well as before.

And what of the Brawler_
Remember, SS isn't the only class with the SA

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:22 PM

The SA Hawkins is available on more than just the Sharpshooter, and it's not a sniper rifle.

#6 dustyjerk

dustyjerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 12:11 AM

I must strongly agree with you Darkbolt - the SA-Hawkins now feels terribly weak. It fires much slower than in BE1 & BE2 and seems to never hit the mark at all. Im not sure if it does less damage per shot, but this "nerf" forces the sharpshooter to camp or hide in the background, and makes him completely useless in close range or fast 1on1 fights, because you'll now need to use the scope to hit anything.

Posted Image

Intel Core i7 2600K Noctua NH-C14 ASUS Geforce GTX 670 DirectCU II 4x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 CL8

#7 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 21 2012 - 12:40 AM

View Postdustyjerk, on November 21 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

I must strongly agree with you Darkbolt - the SA-Hawkins now feels terribly weak. It fires much slower than in BE1 & BE2 and seems to never hit the mark at all. Im not sure if it does less damage per shot, but this "nerf" forces the sharpshooter to camp or hide in the background, and makes him completely useless in close range or fast 1on1 fights, because you'll now need to use the scope to hit anything.
Tooltip says it does 15 more damage per shot than in beta2

#8 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:59 AM

The Hawkens feels even more sub-par than it did previously
This, combined with the sizeable and unnecessary nerfs on the Sharpshooter, makes it a joke to fight against and a fuzzy bunny to fight with
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#9 Sicarius_X

Sicarius_X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationI am normally at computer desk. Or university

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:04 AM

So what suggestions do you wish to happen for the rifle_

#10 mechpilot3007

mechpilot3007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMidwest, United states

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:03 AM

On the whole, i feel that the Sharp shooter has lost alot of power since beta 1. My ability to kill things has dropped dramatically. It even feels as if the slug rifle and the special weapon have lost accuracy.

#11 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostSicarius_X, on November 21 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Take the SA-Hawkens, slug, and sabot back to CB2 stats.

If the devs feel the need to nerf the slug/sabot, fine, do it by 10-15 points each. Any more is overkill. Leave the heat and fire rates as they were in CB2.

The accuracy of all three is a joke now. I was scoped and hadn't made a shot in the past two seconds, shot at the engines of the enemy ship and didn't even hit the ship because the sabot was so inaccurate. The slug and SA are the same way. Scoping in CB2 or earlier meant you were going to hit your shot if you were on target. That is no longer the case.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#12 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:16 AM

what are you taking about child i use my scope ALL the time but do you got any ideas on what i should do when things get close toe to toe kinda thing genius__ i just knew this was a mistake posting here cuz its just nerds kicked out of wow trolling once again.

#13 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:17 AM

Honestly it's difficult to try to carve out a niche for an auto at this point. The Vulcan, SMG and Assault rifle have their respective strengths and effective ranges...
I do think that the Hawkens would make a nice long range harassment tool through basically giving it pinpoint accuracy. The low ROF can work as long as the damage gets increased
However this makes it a bit too much like the Slug rifle.... so maybe make it a medium range high-damage weapon_ This works out a little better for the Brawler as well. The TOW isn't exactly a sniper rifle after all :P
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#14 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:18 AM

SIMPLE just put it back the way it was i had NO issue with it before and it was NOT OP!! go pick on the thousands of people spamming OP tow rockets.

#15 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostDarkbolt, on November 21 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

OP tow rockets.
Yeah that TOW man
So OWPEE
5 extra damage in CB2_ How did you ever survive

Edited by Beemann, November 21 2012 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#16 MrBobaganoosh

MrBobaganoosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 12:57 PM

Please Please fix this and all sniper weapons. The hawkins wasn't an overpowered weapon before. It had decent range and accuracy outside of scope and great range and accuracy with the scope. It overheated quick but not too quick; you had to be perfect with every shot to kill someone with just that.

Now the thing fires way too slow, seems to deal way less damage and I can only count on 1 out of 2 hits to land. This weapon was a great balance to the Sabot Rifle, as the damn thing cant hit anything with any certainty if your zoomed out. SA Hawkens allowed you to put up a fight if any scouts found me in the back line. Now there is nearly no situation where the Sniper class gets out of a 1 v 1 fight wth just weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users