HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Not able to select a server to play on_

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dread_nought

Dread_nought

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted November 20 2012 - 07:12 PM

First off, love the game! Been wanting to play for a long time and I am not disappointed one bit.

I've watched youtube videos from the previous beta events and saw that you could select specific servers to join, which is great if you want to play with friends. However, now all I see is the matchmaking option, which is a crapshoot and not something I'd always want to do.

Am I overlooking the option to select specific servers to play on or is it all matchmaking now_

One more thing, is it possible to create parties ala Diablo III so if the leader joins/starts a game all the other party members join with him_ Been trying to play with my fiancee and its getting a little frustrating.
Posted Image

#2 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 07:24 PM

Check the patch notes!

The server browser has been removed so that we can specifically test out the match maker system. I hope that it is only temporary, but have had no confirmation either way so far.

Also you can't make parties per se, but if you add your friends to your friendslist, you can invite them to join your game, or indeed join their game using the friendslist. Click on their name.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#3 Dread_nought

Dread_nought

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:23 PM

Thanks, kinda bummed about no parties, games fill up so fast that it's hard to get together AND get on the same team.
Posted Image

#4 Saunders

Saunders

Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:28 PM

Expect parties in the future :D  It's pretty essential I think.

You can join your friends by adding them to your friends list and then when that little box by their name turns green, right click and join their game.  You can also invite them to your server.

Matchmaking parties is extremely complicated by the way.  We want to make sure we have a great core matchmaking system first.  Thx for helping us test it out during this beta!
David Saunders | Game Designer on HAWKEN @ Adhesive Games

#5 Dread_nought

Dread_nought

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostSaunders, on November 20 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Expect parties in the future :D  It's pretty essential I think.

You can join your friends by adding them to your friends list and then when that little box by their name turns green, right click and join their game.  You can also invite them to your server.

Matchmaking parties is extremely complicated by the way.  We want to make sure we have a great core matchmaking system first.  Thx for helping us test it out during this beta!

Great to hear about a party system possibly coming in the future! Keep up the good work, this game is shaping up nicely.
Posted Image

#6 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:40 PM

Update on the server browser, incase you missed it. Click me!
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users