HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Individual Class Default Dodge Cooldown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:15 PM

I feel like the Scout should have a lower dodge cooldown by default. This would be the same for all classes. Mind you I'm not saying it should be an INSANELY low default cooldown, as the Scout already is the fastest mech in the game.

I also wouldn't mind seeing all classes have Class defaults for things such as BUT not limited to:

Walking-speed
Heat recovery time
Weapon rate of fire
Booster recharge
Power of boosters when used to hover
Dodge speed

Now before the rage of "this would unbalance the mechs".

Thats where Class specific optimizations come into play.

I.E: The Brawler may have much longer dodge cooldown as default but if the Optimization points are applied correctly it can turn it into its own breed of killing machine.

Now although you may say "thats what the game already does" I would say "it doesn't do it enough."

All in all, I just feel like all the mech classes are too similar in ability and what their roles are on the battlefield.

IMO: Classes need more specialization.

Discuss!
Posted Image

#2 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostAstrolis, on November 20 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

I feel like the Scout should have a lower dodge cooldown by default. This would be the same for all classes. Mind you I'm not saying it should be an INSANELY low default cooldown, as the Scout already is the fastest mech in the game.

I feel like this should actually be it's ability, for a short amount of time you can dodge faster instead of having reserve tanks,

Also as you read on my scout thread they are looking into doing a bit of more different optimizations in mechs

View PostSaunders, on November 20 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

We're researching potential mech-specific abilities for the optimization trees.  

Edited by Necro, November 20 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#3 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:03 AM

I thought stats were class specific, not variation. Is this new in CBE3_ Berzerker and Infiltrator had the same base HP, and move speeds IIRC.

Btw I think some stats should not be determined by mech class. EG: A weapon's rate of fire should be determined by the weapon itself not what mech they are on.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#4 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 21 2012 - 10:31 AM

Yea thats understandable. It could be argued either way.  And the Infil and Zerker may have the same HP yet both fill very different roles.

IDK, I always thought even back in the Alpha that C-Class are front line tanks and should have hardcore OP to build around that and so on and so forth for each class
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users