HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Playing solo no longer viable_

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:45 AM

During the last several matches I've played I've consistently been sized up against groups of organised, coordinated teams. Whilst this is in itself totally fine, this has made it comparatively difficult to achieve much playing solo coming out of CBE2.

This could mean a number of things: a. players have had enough time to organise themselves into teams, b. the mean level of competitiveness has increased, c. I'm attributing bad luck slash poor performance to the enemy, d. there is some balance issue I'm not seeing yet, or 2. I've suffered an aneurysm during the break between CBE2 and 3.

Alternatively, this might hint towards solo play becoming less viable going forward. Anybody else having a similar experience_

#2 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostRoundlay, on November 21 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

During the last several matches I've played I've consistently been sized up against groups of organised, coordinated teams. Whilst this is in itself totally fine, this has made it comparatively difficult to achieve much playing solo coming out of CBE2.

This could mean a number of things: a. players have had enough time to organise themselves into teams, b. the mean level of competitiveness has increased, c. I'm attributing bad luck slash poor performance to the enemy, d. there is some balance issue I'm not seeing yet, or 2. I've suffered an aneurysm during the break between CBE2 and 3.

Alternatively, this might hint towards solo play becoming less viable going forward. Anybody else having a similar experience_

Playing team modes, yet trying to solo_ There's also plain ol' deathmatch you know.

#3 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:56 AM

There was one Siege game where the opponents were really organized and I got my arse handed to me. But well, people teaming up and coordinating with Teamspeak or Skype or whatever isn't really something you can do anything about if you want to play team games, besides doing it yourself too.

I think the problem might be remedied to some extent once bigger games start happening. At the current headcount in games, it's pretty much a 100% organized team vs a completely unorganized one. Throw more people into the mix, and their ratio of organized players to unorganized on the team as a whole isn't as threatening.

Which would allow us lone wolves to just read the atmosphere and play for the team accordingly in a feasible manner.

And there's always Deathmatch.

#4 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostLithium03, on November 21 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

Playing team modes, yet trying to solo_ There's also plain ol' deathmatch you know.

Indeed. I would agree with the gist of your comments, but would add that I'm not suggesting that playing team based game modes solo is ideal or optimal, but that comparatively, my experience within them has changed quite a lot.

#5 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostDreizehn, on November 21 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

I think the problem might be remedied to some extent once bigger games start happening. At the current headcount in games, it's pretty much a 100% organized team vs a completely unorganized one. Throw more people into the mix, and their ratio of organized players to unorganized on the team as a whole isn't as threatening. And there's always Deathmatch.

This is a good point. Given the limited number of players per team it might be simply that the skill gap between asymmetrical teams is much  starker than it would be with more players on grid. I'm not really a fan of straight deathmatch and tend to stick to objective based game modes. I had no issues performing at the top of the ladder in previous betas slash alpha 2.

#6 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:48 AM

i find it incredibly hard to get a full group on one team. BSB tried earlier today and i think the most we had was 3 to 4 people on a team. So maybe the level of play has just increased_
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users