HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Garage - Little Things And interchangeable parts.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:41 AM

First, I wish to say thank you to the Hawken Team of Developers and Programmers - you guys have done an outstanding job with this game - I mean it is utterly the best thing out there for mechs - I would put this up against Armored Core any day of the week - and I am an avid AC fan.  This game is awesome.  The maps are amazing, the textures are out of this world and the action, well it's second to none.  Hawken really is the real deal.  Thank you so very much for the chance to be a part of the beta and more importantly to be able to experience all that is Hawken - nobody could have done a better job.  Congratulations!

Thank you for adding a default settings window pop up for computers as they log in.  That really helps to narrow down what settings are needed for any particular machine.

The Garage - was wondering if the window that controls video and what not could be closed so it doesn't over lap the main garage window or matchmaking window and although they both work at the same time by simply clicking on them, I think it's counter intuitive and also obviously difficult to see what you are actually clicking on.

Interchangeable Parts between mechs (e.g. a sabot rifle with a bruiser a rocket launcher with a sharpshooter etc....)

I think this would be a great thing to add support for.

Black Screen - there seems to be a pause with a black screen during loading game - just before the loader screen - which I love by the way - comes on.  Just pointing it out because it wasn't there before.

The other little thing is Swords could you add just one sword_

Thank you for creating and producing such a fantastic game!  I salute you all.  Good Job!  Game Of The Year!

GAME OF THE YEAR!

P.S.  What is that song that is played int he original trailer_  Where can I get it_

#2 omnissiah19

omnissiah19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted November 21 2012 - 05:19 AM

no swords EVAAAA!!!!!!
Begin transmission. The world collapses behind me.Posted Image

#3 Spawny

Spawny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostTHEDRIVEN, on November 21 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Interchangeable Parts between mechs (e.g. a sabot rifle with a bruiser a rocket launcher with a sharpshooter etc....)

The other little thing is Swords could you add just one sword_

No interchangable parts. It would reduce gameplay to choosing a chassis and picking the most OP weapon combination for it.

Melee combat has been proposed a few times before and it will not become part of Hawken in the near future.
Alpha 2 B-Class Bruiser
Closed Beta 1 C-Class Brawler
Closed Beta 2 A-Class Berzerker
Closed Beta 3 A-Class Scout

#4 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 03:22 PM

Swords.  Lazer Swords - Explosive swords.  And if not interchangeable parts then perhaps sharpshooters could have a drone that can fire at a target from long distances like the sniper turrets someone else mentioned.  Swords.  It would be so awesome to have two mechs going at each other in mid air and one hacking the other samurai style.

#5 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted November 21 2012 - 05:34 PM

Swords again_

No, oh please no, not now, not ever.

This isn't a Gundom or Voltron or Shogun Warrior game, this is Hawken, something that is it's own thing.

No offense intended, but swords/melee attacks and interchangeable weapons have come up before multiple times.  The devs have stated that there are no plans for melee combat at this time (hopefully never), and the interchangeable weapons is a bad idea for the reasons specified up above my post.

And sharp shooters can already shoot long distance, no need for a drone to do that.  Now if the shot can connect at the current state of the SS and it's weapons, that's another discussion currently ongoing.  :)

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users