* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I would like to welcome everyone old and new to the new Hawken Forums.

What would we like to see in this bold new future direction?

I would love to see:

The former integrated Cockpit

Working VOIP for the whole game experience, Siege and Missile Assault depend heavily on teamwork to hold objectives

VOIP and Chat blocking buttons to improve the game experience by eliminating unwanted pests

Map Overlay with adjustable waypoints

Map explore with friends - perfect to train noobies and teach them the ropes {a mentor map of sorts}

Central and Private Servers

Higher Armor values and Faster Speeds {slightly} The current TTK is too short

Edited by Spliff_Craven, 20 March 2015 - 09:45 PM.

• coldform likes this

SGRock

SGRock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Redeemable codes for credits.

SWAG

Private servers

New maps

A return of the optimization tree

An end to the 'early acces' status on Steam

Lag free servers

Gentle balance tweeks instead of dramatic ones

No, I don't have a beta code that I can give you.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
  1. solid, reliable VOIP. if we can talk to the noobs and show them just what kind of community we are from the onset, I think we could have higher player retention.
  2. offer item/internal/cosmetic/etc. to players who already own the mechs on the current test drive.(money grab!)
  3. map exploration with friends maybe?

• OmegaNull likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

LunarEntropy

LunarEntropy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

1. Would love to see that stats system updated so it only records stats from matches where you have played in the majority of a match, or a function to be able to join a match and spectate until the next game.  It's a bit frustrating to join a match on a losing side already-in-progress and too far back to win with only a small bit of time left, and get a loss for it.

2.  New maps.  A larger variety of maps, more maps = more fun.

• OmegaNull likes this

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

You steal my avatar? > : |

Dinre

Dinre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I would say less serious stuff, like the Mayhem servers, is more fun for someone who wants to just jump into a mech and start shooting things.  I think starting with the crazy 24+ player servers would be more newbie friendly,, because who wants to boot up a game for the first time and just play a handful of other newbies?

I think courting new players is going to be difficult at first, because the Hawken community, like any mature and shrinking online community, can be really unwelcoming of new opinions.  The "old guard" minority will be shouting for specific features that mostly preserve the previous experience, and the less vocal newer players will just bounce off if we don't do something purposeful to make the new player experience really fun.

For reference, I'm one of the "alpha" old guard who stopped playing Hawken during the dark times and just came back.  Already, I have players telling me about how their opinions are worth more, because they've been playing more recently.  This isn't to call anyone out; I'm just pointing out that we're going to have to be really welcoming if we want new players to stick around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users