8 replies to this topic

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:03 PM.

• SparkyJJC, eth0, VYR3 and 3 others like this

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I have to wonder how much work it would be for Reloaded to move the HUD configuration part of the client to an external file, similar to how Word of Tanks and World of Warcraft do it.  This would take care of requests like this IMO.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

xRequiem

xRequiem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

You can already determine areas of the screen for chat, kill logs, minimap, and EU carried. They're in settings-> game/controls.
You are limited to the four corners of the screen for each of them, however. 

Your main topic seems to be the heat indicator, which does not have these presets. 

I do wonder, like bacon mentions, how much of the HUD configuration could be moved to an external file, though. 

Edited by xRequiem, 16 April 2015 - 10:32 PM.

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
I suppose to be clear, the idea is to have multiple areas for every one of these things, and should include a seting for 'off' for the current boxes like chat and so on.

So, say there's a server full of flame, rather than muting every single person, you can just check it on death or in the escape menu.

Amazia

Amazia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I would love it if it was done the way that SWTOR does it. For the unfamilliar, there is a menu that highlights all UI items, or places where UI items can show up (yes, ALL) and allows you to drag them around. Granted, as an MMO, there is a good deal of variance allowed. However, it would be nice to customize the location for a lot of things (I never really liked where the kill feed is, for example)

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

I would love it if it was done the way that SWTOR does it. For the unfamilliar, there is a menu that highlights all UI items, or places where UI items can show up (yes, ALL) and allows you to drag them around. Granted, as an MMO, there is a good deal of variance allowed. However, it would be nice to customize the location for a lot of things (I never really liked where the kill feed is, for example)

This is a general thing in the most MMOs, but yeah I'd love something like this in Hawken, too.

This could be placed along the current cockpit editing in the garage (where you change your crosshairs and so on)

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
I have and always will continue to support cockpit customization

Isaac_Shepard

Isaac_Shepard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
What I did was get rid of targeting reticles completely. Now all I have is the heat indicators on the center of the screen to help in landing shots.

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

What I did was get rid of targeting reticles completely.

I do this as well, however I still often feel overpowered by the information I receive in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users