• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Vespu

Vespu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi  there

I am using VPN on my pc and i am able to login to hawken but i am unable to join any games.

My query is does it block users connecting through VPN?

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

No, it doesn't.  Your VPN pipe may be too narrow to allow a sync, though.

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Either that, or the backend servers may be processing Ips, and probably are configured to disallow some IPs based on ISP organization and AS numbers.

In any case, depending on your actual ISP, a VPN may or may not help you with network routes. Also, since some Hawken servers are still hosted on Amazon.com's services, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a comprehensive firewall in place to disallow certain IPs for "security" reasons.

Edited by Draigun, 18 April 2015 - 10:49 AM.

TpsOr7F.png

( XD ) wimpyhugz

( XD ) wimpyhugz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Is there a reason you need to use a VPN while gaming though? I thought it would only increase latency...

(\__/)
 (='.'=) 
 (") (") 

This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination XD

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I live in Dallas.

LA servers are hosted by Gamersfirst.  To get to their servers, I am routed through New York.  If I VPN to LA, the net ping is much shorter.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

( XD ) wimpyhugz

( XD ) wimpyhugz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Never thought about it that way... maybe I'll try that out with some of the Asia-Oceania servers I play on because SIngapore/Tokyo gets the similar ping as Dallas for me (I'm in Australia). 

(\__/)
 (='.'=) 
 (") (") 

This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination XD

Artist

Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Same here, I'm using VPN4Gamers because ports are closed on my network. I can log in but not join a game. Maybe the ports to establish the connection are not the same to authenticate ?

Anyone knows the list of open ports you need to play Hawken ?

hanyaa

hanyaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

As many games are blocked, I suggest you using OpenVPN provider for gaming with no lag. Get it http://www.vpnfaqs.c...vpn-for-gaming/  and enjoy with free access to any blocked game freely and securely and withing high speed connection.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

i say this is an exploit using vpns to fool the ping checker, and also the replication code is effected in (opposite to lag you get joining other countries you miss alot) the server does the opposite making enemies botlike responces and phantom dodging

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

yes, that, and the transmission RTT is also affected. you also forgot to mention crosstalk. those two are important regarding VPNs and their use case. parallax dependencies will need to be dealt with in accordance with subsequent VPN software, in addition to noise processing and optimization techniques. not many solutions use such things though, so when in doubt, ask for a synthetic code base.

for Hawken fine-tuning, adjust packet intervals within 0.05 seconds of each header to ensure successful delievery. wireless AC is recommended, but not required. enable BeamCap, adjust LdpcCap to VHT | HT LDF. propagation will still occur, so adjust antennas using an inverted-L setup.

Edited by Draigun, 07 July 2015 - 10:45 PM.

TpsOr7F.png

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

What are your DHCP settings?

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users