Photo

Double XP Weekend: Announce on Steam News?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SGRock

SGRock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Please consider putting these events on Steam as a News item.

This would increase visibility and potentially attract new players.

This is the page I refer to, and it is my default view upon opening Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/news

Edited to add that this page announces:

Sales (lots of those)

Updates to TF2

Updates to DOTA2

New DLC (like the new mech body that just got released)

Edited by SGRock, 18 April 2015 - 10:10 AM.

• Elite_is_salty, Miscellaneous, Hyginos and 4 others like this

No, I don't have a beta code that I can give you.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Indeed, More than 20k people get those notifications.

• SGRock likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Please consider putting these events on Steam as a News item.

This would increase visibility and potentially attract new players.

This is the page I refer to, and it is my default view upon opening Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/news

Isn't that page exclusively for news regarding the Steam store and Steam client? In that case the devs can't put their news there.

However, the devs used the announcement feature of the Steam Hawken Hub to announce these events already: http://steamcommunit...0/announcements. That way everyone who is a part of the official Hawken group gets a notification about these events.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Why attract players to a game that's in such a poor state? Wouldn't it be better to do that when Josh et. al. fix some of the glaring issues with the code, game balance etc.? The game itslef is currently almost exactly the way it was on Steam release, and we all know how that ended.

Edited by DerMax, 18 April 2015 - 09:29 AM.

SGRock

SGRock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Isn't that page exclusively for news regarding the Steam store and Steam client? In that case the devs can't put their news there.

Negative.

Game updates, releases, patches, sales, are all listed there.

SGRock

SGRock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

However, the devs used the announcement feature of the Steam Hawken Hub to announce these events already: http://steamcommunit...0/announcements. That way everyone who is a part of the official Hawken group gets a notification about these events.

I found out about the double XP event on Twitter.

The Hawken Group system is probably great for hitting a percentage of the active player base, but with as few as 600 players per day we could use some new blood.  For that reason I suggest a broader announcement would be helpful.

Edited by SGRock, 18 April 2015 - 10:01 AM.

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Negative.

Game updates, releases, patches, sales, are all listed there.

Hm, I see only Steam store updates ("new releases", DLC and "sales"), Steam client updates and patches of Valve games there.

Edited by ReEvolve, 18 April 2015 - 10:10 AM.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Why attract players to a game that's in such a poor state? Wouldn't it be better to do that when Josh et. al. fix some of the glaring issues with the code, game balance etc.? The game itslef is currently almost exactly the way it was on Steam release, and we all know how that ended.

Sad that you've been around for ages and yet you don't understand how things go for fuzzy bunny. The last time the stress test / XP weekend thing happened over 1100 players were online at some point, and people were living the life. All the new players are hungry for buying new stuff, and double XP weekends and so are fuzzy bunnyng heaven to em.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Also, good thing announcements were posted on the steam group. A total of 9600+ players just got that notification. You can always be assured that at least 5/10% of those will hit HAWKEN up after not playing it recently. No doubt.

Mergaz

Mergaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Also, good thing announcements were posted on the steam group. A total of 9600+ players just got that notification. You can always be assured that at least 5/10% of those will hit HAWKEN up after not playing it recently. No doubt.

You talk as if 1100 players was something wonderful ... I think came over to check how is the Hawken, but came back again to have less than 800 players online at the weekend, even with the "news" about recent and skins chassis which are actually all old things are presented as if they were new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users