4 replies to this topic

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Just like the item included.

It would be only two slots (1 or two internals). Downside is that Air Compressor and Replenisher couldn't be included (good for AC would say some of us, but I don't see many replenisher users around).

What for ?

- Make new players discover new internals

- A bit less grind for them

- Make the mech you just bought a bit less ineffective than totally naked if you didn't save enough HC

How would the internals be chosen ?

It should not necessarily be a must have for the mech in question. It just have to fit with its specifications (stats, ability, what it is supposed to do...).

My propositions for each mechs (not the most important point) :

-Berzerker : air 180, basic fuel converter

-Infiltrator : basic reconstructor, basic fuel converter

-Reaper : evasive device

-Scout : basic fuel converter, basic extractor

-Tech : composite armor, basic deflectors

-Assault : deflectors

-G2 Assault : extractor

-Bruiser : fuel converter

-Predator : shock coil, basic reconstructor

-Raider : basic power surger, basic fuel converter

-Sharpshooter : armor fusor

-Brawler : repair kit

-G2 Raider : fuel converter

-Grenadier : failsafe

-Incinerator : armor fusor

-Rocketeer : air 180, basic deflectors

-Vanguard : basic power surger, basic deflectors

What do you think ?

• EM1O likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

[email protected]

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

I believe that you can buy fully outfitted as well as bare mechs, through the Test Drive.

To implement your (or a similar) idea all it would take is enabling all 18 mechs and "nekkid" mechs (since I might not be the only one that thinks a Basic-Anything is nearly useless) available through a Test Drive link, rather than on the left end of the garage line up bar as Test Drives (way too crowded otherwise).

Oh, and if you didn't save enough HC, it's your own damm fault. You might want to fix that, as this is not a positive selling point for your proposal. Don't water down the game or get a Welfare mindset to take care of the lazy or the Piss Poor Planner.

The grind is not going away. It might get easier in some respects, but getting tougher in some areas is quite possible as well. It's part of the game.

TANSTAAFL

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I do agree that grind is here to stay,  it's Free to play after all.

Where I do like the OP's idea is in trying to encourage pilots to try new things.  

For me the most annoying thing was to grind for HC, buy an item EG: EMP,  try it and realise that, I don't like it / cant use it / doesn't fit my playstyle / isn't as good as what I had.

Then bang time and HC wasted, frustration on the rise, player retention likely hood reduced.

I don't mind items being expensive but that feeling of wasting so much HC on something that didn't work for you is Fuzzybunny.

League of Legends offers a 3 refund system for just such a thing.  

Another option could be to allow pilots to use all items and internals and weapons, in off-line TDM training.

Also a recommended build might help, League of Legends records the items used by pro-players so that everyone can see what they run.

• EM1O likes this

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I like the idea of being able to return a part you bought, with strict limitations and perhaps even a small penalty. For example, part must be returned within 2 hours of gameplay time, and you get 80% of your HC back. Otherwise it's just a library.

But seriously the grind is not that bad, I might have a crummy memory, but I don't recall ever having to wait too long to buy anything with HC. Play some Siege, return lots of EU, win your matches, land your shots, and before long you'll have 6 figures of HC. Especially with all the double and triple XP/HC weekend stuff going on. You can fully level a mech in a weekend.

As an example, I brought a friend in as a pilot just last week, since then he's bought 2 mechs, a bunch of parts, and reached pilot level 26 in the space of like ten days.

• EM1O likes this

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

The main idea was not mostly about grinding (2 slots of internals = 1280 HC, which is not much).

First mech being Assault and having many internals unlocked lead me to this suggestion, it was more about guiding new players, to give them the feeling that they are not abandonned in a fuzzy bunny game where once you bought a mech you just can't make the most of it. You know, the process of attracting people and keep the game alive.

Edited by Shoutaxeror, 21 April 2015 - 04:46 AM.

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

[email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users