• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Looking for advice from New and Veteran players.

When your team is being Crushed or not doing well :wallbash: what are some things you can do to Mitigate or turn around a Loss. 

This can be for any Game Mode. :pirate:

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Leave.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Fake.. Don't!

Good players stick with the fight ^^

• Miscellaneous, Merl61, LRod and 5 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Fake.. Don't!

Good players stick with the fight ^^

694.png

• opicr0n and Volgraza like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Sometimes, no matter how good you are, your team is going to lose. The best thing for you to do is stick with it, play your best, and encourage. It's all about having fun and if you can have fun even in a loss, you're pretty awesome. If you love the game regardless of the scoreboard, I salute you. 

• OmegaNull, DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer and 5 others like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Sometimes, no matter how good you are, your team is going to lose. The best thing for you to do is stick with it, play your best, and encourage. It's all about having fun and if you can have fun even in a loss, you're pretty awesome. If you love the game regardless of the scoreboard, I salute you. 

That is how I pretty much feel. Except in Comp. I have to win. Now, if we put up a good fight, then a loss is still a good loss. XD

• Volgraza likes this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Try to take initiative and instruct others if there is no communication in the team. Stick together, always be mindful of the radar for enemy movement. When in fight, concentrate fire on heavily damaged mechs or A classes. This way your team will get kills much faster. Watch out for potential flankers when in group fights and if you're piloting (or have in team) Infiltrators or Predators, attempt flanking the enemy yourself. Be generous to your fellow pilots and drop them healing orbs if you have them to regain teams' health pool faster. Also, encourage use of C classes, more armor comes handy when facing heavy losses. 

• HorseHeadProphet, ROSING, CapAllan and 2 others like this

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Sometimes you can turn a match around, which is a great feeling. Whine about a sucky team, or lead them to victory? At least I'll try and turn the tide. Also, don't curse out other players, because that's not a terribly effective way to get people to listen to you.

After a certain point of no return, I might switch to a mech I'm trying to level up. I figure we're definitely not winning, I might as well collect some usable XP out of a crappy one-sided match. 

• Volgraza likes this

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Yep I love this game even if I lose because I love a challenge

This is great advice, Keep it coming.

Edited by Volgraza, 21 April 2015 - 06:15 AM.

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Try switching mechs to suit the situation. I often find myself in a team that is losing because the enemy do good in a specific situation. Say, they stick together and they have an Incin + Tech combo, for example. If my team is losing and I can't help them in battle because I get stomped I switch to a support mech like the gren to aid them from afar, or a tech to heal them and help to survive a little longer.

The problem with losing teams by stomping is that teammates get frustrated and that often gets in the way of every strategy.

Edited by Liederkranz, 21 April 2015 - 06:20 AM.

• Volgraza likes this

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Try switching mechs to suit the situation. I often find myself in a team that is losing because the enemy do good in a specific situation. Say, they stick together and they have an Incin + Tech combo, for example. If my team is losing and I can't help them in battle because I get stomped I switch to a support mech like the gren to aid them from afar, or a tech to heal them and help to survive a little longer.

The problem with losing teams by stomping is that teammates get frustrated and that often gets in the way of every strategy.

Great advice. Keep a Positive Mindset in the face of battle. When you lose your cool in battle The enemy has won. Combat is not only a battle of skill but a battle of Wills.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Leave.

?_?

• Volgraza and Pelanthoris like this

Spoiler

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Edited by hoghead, 20 June 2015 - 05:01 PM.

• Volgraza likes this

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Often, in these types of scenarios, I find that the match has spiraled out of control due to a lack of communication, panic, and individuals insisting on a "Call of Duty" style of individual gameplay.  You need to reel those problems in by being the "voice of reason"...coach (as best you can using the team chat) other players, pick a quiet rally point and start hailing for backup, and generally slow the pace down.  That is often why these matches can get so tilted...the other team is better organized, isn't frazzled, and is using the confusion to pick up the tempo on the match.  The faster they can roll through your disorganized team, the greater the  fear/panic they can generate, which perpetuates the cycle of confusion.  Be the calm on your team, reign in the panic/confusion, set a rally point near a quiet spot on the map, and sloooooowwww the tempo of the match.  That'll be the best you can do.

• Volgraza likes this

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

F_Falls

F_Falls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Can i ask from you veterans on this subject, regardless of "sticking with it" what mechs should be picked up in this situation and what mechs should be avoided? Maybe highlight difference between frag modes and obj modes?

I mean i assume don't pick Predator or Sharpshooter if you're losing. Correct me if im wrong.

• Volgraza likes this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Can i ask from you veterans on this subject, regardless of "sticking with it" what mechs should be picked up in this situation and what mechs should be avoided? Maybe highlight difference between frag modes and obj modes?

I mean i assume don't pick Predator or Sharpshooter if you're losing. Correct me if im wrong.

Yes. If you are losing, the best mechs are front line fighters that are strong on their own. Scout, assault, vanguard, and raider are all good choices. Your positioning should be much less aggressive. Try to find your team as much as possible and isolate weaker enemies.

Edited by Merl61, 21 April 2015 - 10:35 AM.

• Kopra and Volgraza like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

ROSING

ROSING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

As everyone said, if no one is communicating, be the first. Start suggesting (politely of course) that your team needs to stick together, not get separated, and not throw themselves into the enemy without backup. Communicate often and as much as possible. Often another guy will try to work with you, and that can form the basis for a coordinated team. Don't be rude to your team, even if they are rude back. They'll soon figure out on their own that that what you are saying is correct.

Two other important strategies:

When you are trying to link up with your team, you will have to play triage in deciding whether to assist your pal engaged with the enemy or save yourself and leave him to die. If he's alone against 3 enemies and at half health, regroup with others. No sense in watching him die in impossible odds and then throw yourself into those same odds. But if he's against two and at moderate health and has made good progress on one enemy, you stand a good chance of coming out on top. Estimate distance and damage over time for both sides.

At the same time though, no matter what, back up your teammates when you are with them, and drag along the rest of your group when you have to. Even if you got an idiot on your team who throws himself into the enemy, go with him and hope your team follows, because you just might end up coming out on top in the fight if your team works together. And if that's not enough, then team balance has failed, but you should still fight to the bitter end.

The two rules I go by in Hawken:
Never Die Alone

It's not over until it's over

Good luck, pilot!

Edited by ROSING, 21 April 2015 - 09:55 PM.

• Siamenis and Pelanthoris like this

cassini08

cassini08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

And then there is always the basic fact that the matchmaking at this point is not exactly ideal.

You will on occasion be faced with that fast moving wall of death, cant even get to your team from spawn without damage or more death. 

3 deep breaths, and do your best regardless the odds, it may hurt, but it will heal.  :thumbsup:

GET IN THE DAMN BOX!

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Immediately leave the game after your first death.

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

There is no win mech choice. It mainly depends on the other teams mech choices:
- If they dominate without medic try to take an medic and help your team.
- They got an reaper/sniper who drains health from afar? Get someone to alpha strike him to de-motivate.
- Only heavies on other team? Encourage team to go heavy (with medic) too.
- Etc..
* Naturally this all goes together with trying to motivate the team to stick together.

Edited by opicr0n, 22 April 2015 - 07:58 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users