• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Hey folks. A little idea I had a while ago and acutally posted it on the old forums, too.

A new gamemode called "Assault"

the basics:
The objective is that Team A has to defend stuff and Team B tries to capture it. It's supposed to be an advanced 'one-way' mission type.

For example:

Team A defends a hidden research facility. Team B wants to destroy it. To do so they (B) have to capture or 'hack' nodes. (Similar to EU stations but once depleted they don't replenish). Once all 3 nodes are capture the main gate opens and the attackers can access the power core and destroy it. Round won. They the team swap and a rematch. Then new map and so on.

The mode would require new maps or heavy tweaked versions of the existing maps.

What do you guys think? Would something like this make fun? How can it be balanced and what map/setting ideas do you have?

All suggestions are welcome!

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, HorsemanofWar and Time_Guardian like this

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Yeah, I think HAWKEN could do with some asymmetric gamemodes like you described, an attack/defence style gamemode. 

The thing you described sounds a bit like DeGroot Keep from TF2. The Power Core should be a control point, similar to the AA or Missile Silos.

• Tankman95 likes this

Spoiler

Rahr12341

Rahr12341

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Yeah, I think HAWKEN could do with some asymmetric gamemodes like you described, an attack/defence style gamemode.

The thing you described sounds a bit like DeGroot Keep from TF2. The Power Core should be a control point, similar to the AA or Missile Silos.

Speaking of tf2 gameplay, if hawken added anything remotely similar to balloon race i would play it untill I pass out. Might make a separate post just for the idea.

Edited by Rahr12341, 22 April 2015 - 09:37 AM.

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Speaking of tf2 gameplay, if hawken added anything remotely similar to balloon race i would play it untill I pass out. Might make a separate post just for the idea.

Or loadout, loadout makes things very very gib friendly. But then I'd miss market gardening D:

tTIViUr.png

Aristo

Aristo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Reminds me of Squad Rush mode on Battlefield; the attacking team has a limited number of tickets, or lives, to arm and destroy a pair of M-COM stations, whereas the defenders have unlimited tickets. If the attacking team manages to destroy the first two, the game moves on to another pair and the attackers are given another set of tickets for that chance. Squad Rush is a scaled-down version of normal rush, which was much greater in scale; Squad Rush is geared towards teams of five.

Hawken could easily implement a similar gamemode, given the low player count of matches.  

HawkenAristoSig_zpsr4v3rexh.png

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Not a bad idea.  I have to suggest though it should be round based where teams alternate between attack and defense.

Edited by Paradox23, 22 April 2015 - 08:00 PM.

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Not a bad idea.  I have to suggest though it should be round based where teams alternate between attack and defense.

Already in the OP, but thanks :)

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:56 PM.

Rahr12341

Rahr12341

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Sounds like Dystopia.

I'm all for it.

well this isn't exactly the most original idea. Plenty of games have it for good reason.

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted. 

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:56 PM.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Who cares where it originated?

I'd play this
  • Tankman95 likes this

Time_Guardian

Time_Guardian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I support this, back in the TF2 days i only played Attack/Defend, hawken could see some of this

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I've been thinking more about the idea of an alternating Attack/Defend mode for Hawken, and I could honestly see this working in-universe.  I could imagine it working something like this:

Attacking Team is deployed into the map and must infiltrate the defender's base, capturing key points that can't be reclaimed by the defending team (probably involves destroying something?)  that serves to do something like...maybe provide shielding that protects a mech assembly line?  After claiming and/or destroying these points, the attacking team then goes after said mech assembly line that allows the defending team to respawn or something and the attackers win if they destroy it.

Defending team must protect their mech assembly line until the timer runs out to allow the base defenses to overcome a security hack/exploit/something send by the attacking team that prevents the base defenses from blowing up the attacking team's ship responsible for respawning their team members, as well as activating indestructible turrets that gun down the attackers. 

Again, just an idea, and I'm not saying these points would actually respawn people, they'd just be like key entities or something that, when destroyed merely end the game. 

Edited by Paradox23, 24 April 2015 - 08:20 PM.

• Tankman95 likes this

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Something like this is exactly what I'm talking about Paradox23 :)

Mech assembly lines, mining facilities, communication stations, space-/airports, harbours etc etc. There are quite few possible scenarios for this gamemode that fit into the lore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users