9 replies to this topic

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Straight to the point:

The first change is actually a... rollback? to the way Pred used to behave when dodging while cloaked. I'm talking about losing the cloak during a dodge. This was changed some time ago, the Pred used to keep the cloak while dodging, thus being able to move a little faster undetected by radar. I know that they also increased the walking speed while cloaked to balance it. I'm not actually requesting it to be rolled back. I think it would be better that way but I wanna know what do you guys think about leaving it the way it was?: no uncloaking while dodging, and original walking speed.

The second change involves the EOC Predator mines. We all know that when hit by someone, the radar highlights the mech who is attacking us. I think that this mechanics are ok, but in the case of the predator, if you lay some trap and an enemy steps on it, it gives your position away blowing your cover. Same as the above: I want to know what do you think of removing the "position giveaway" at least for the EOC Predator weapon.

• T_90A4, SOD_CyberTormentor and Lightangel112 like this

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you broke the forums elite

well done

• Aregon and Drrt4 like this

AXgnWyr.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

The only thing the Pred needs changed is how its EOC-P mines are sometimes indestructible. That needs to go. Other than that it's in a good spot.

• Guns_N_Rozer, -Tj-, stinkinglamb44 and 2 others like this

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:58 PM.

• Liederkranz likes this

stinkinglamb44

stinkinglamb44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

If you want the indicator to indicate where the damage is coming from, it would mess us splash weapons, so maybe it should just have a general damage alert but not direction specific

m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Straight to the point:

The first change is actually a... rollback? to the way Pred used to behave when dodging while cloaked. I'm talking about losing the cloak during a dodge. This was changed some time ago, the Pred used to keep the cloak while dodging, thus being able to move a little faster undetected by radar. I know that they also increased the walking speed while cloaked to balance it. I'm not actually requesting it to be rolled back. I think it would be better that way but I wanna know what do you guys think about leaving it the way it was?: no uncloaking while dodging, and original walking speed.

That was a bug. It made the pred extremely good and had to be removed, and caused a immense surge in the popularity in the pred, and developed a new technique for playing it
prematurely declared king of typos, unreadable posts, and stupid threads.

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

A compromise between the old and new may be beneficial; the Predator is able to dodge while not breaking cloak, but is highlighted on the mini-map, their cloak is made more obvious, and the dodges use a larger amount of fuel than when they are uncloaked.

The idea of making traps any more dangerous is something I frown upon. They're already capable of destroying a damaged A class mech in one hit, instead, a change to make the EOC-P more dangerous in CQC would be beneficial, or no change at all as the EOC-P is still very viable with training.

Full thoughts.

Spoiler

^^^ This could work! I like the idea of highlighting position in radar when dodging and not losing the cloak. So far the dodging doesn't consume fuel in any circumstances when on the ground but perhaps we could make the pred lose some fuel when dodging cloaked.

If you want the indicator to indicate where the damage is coming from, it would mess us splash weapons, so maybe it should just have a general damage alert but not direction specific

I don't want the indicator to indicate where the damage is coming from, that's what I was saying. Right now you can tell where are you being shot from in every situation. What I suggest is that ONLY in the case of the Eoc-P that indicator doesn't show up.

That was a bug. It made the pred extremely good and had to be removed, and caused a immense surge in the popularity in the pred, and developed a new technique for playing it

I didn't know it was a bug. :/

Edited by Liederkranz, 22 April 2015 - 05:31 PM.

xaW8OWj.png

Lightangel112

Lightangel112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes it was a good bug while it lasted, personally for me I would suggest, that the EOC P did more dmg for direct hits to a triggered detonation. I can actually use the pucks to hit ppl with while in combat, but does weak dmg, traps being triggered same 480 total dmg potential but for an actual direct hit I'd say at least 80 dmg and 60 dmg for an indirect hit. So it's either a case of 80 x 6 pucks = 480 per puck or keep 60 x 8 pucks = 480 but direct hits now give off 80 dmg instead for actually using skills rather than blind/dumb luck/ trigger happy. Also removing radar signature when firing the EOC P as well would be really good (especially when laying traps) because it would make the opponent more anxious to hear (or no audible sound :P) the pucks being fired but can't locate the origin of the signal would be very advantage :).

Edited by Lightangel112, 24 April 2015 - 03:48 AM.

• KilleR_OrigiNs likes this

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Also removing radar signature when firing the EOC P as well would be really good (especially when laying traps) because it would make the opponent more anxious to hear (or no audible sound :P) the pucks being fired but can't locate the origin of the signal would be very advantage :).

I was actually referring to the radar signature showing the position of the enemy pred when you get hit / step on an EOC-P mine laid by him. But the fact of removing the radar signature of the pred firing the weapon is also a good idea, I hadn't considered it!

xaW8OWj.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users