• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Domination is achieved when a player kills another player three times. That player becomes a "nemesis" to the dominated player. When the nemesis is killed by the dominated player, the dominated player is rewarded with a point bonus and the domination state is removed.

HOWEVER...

When a dominated player does a certain amount of damage to the nemesis but doesn't kill them (I think it's in the "critical assist" range), the dominating status is still removed when another player kills the nemesis. I believe points are awarded to the dominated player as well.

This makes no sense to me for the following reasons:

1: The dominated player did not kill the nemesis.

2: It's entirely possible for the dominated player to be killed by the nemesis, but die from some other player that just happened to land the last shot, even if said shot came seconds, or even (theoretically) minutes after the nemesis killed the dominated player. This also applies if the nemesis suicides.

I would like this to be changed or removed because:

1: It rewards the dominated player with points but not a kill.

2: It gives the dominated player the impression that they were responsible for the kill.

3: It doesn't make much sense to read the "No longer dominating [player]" upon death, when the player that killed you is someone else, and especially when you've long escaped that player only to be killed by someone else or by suicide.

4: It doesn't make much sense to read "Killed nemesis" message when you didn't actually kill anything, especially when the target had escaped and gets killed later by someone else.

I'm asking for this change from the perspective of a nemesis and of being dominated. I really enjoy getting the domination status on particularly difficult-to-kill players, and it's rather disheartening when you're killed by someone else and that status goes away. It's also a bit frustrating when you kill a player you're dominating, but someone else kills you and the status gets removed (and points awarded to the dominated player). It also doesn't make sense that if I didn't score the kill against my nemesis that I should get rewarded for it, because it's not very satisfying that I got the points while not actually securing the kill. It's also very annoying when I lose domination against a particularly good player by someone else's hand, knowing that they're getting points for not actually killing me.

While I think it's nice for players to get points for it, I haven't found losing domination or getting points for just critically assisting a kill on my nemesis satisfying at all. It's always a kind of "oh" feeling, as opposed to a "YEAH FUZZY BUNNY" feeling when it actually happens the way it should. Always. Well, except for when I first saw said messages, at which point it was more "uh... what?"

Edit: Didn't much like that it changed "YEAH B****" to "YEAH fuzzy bunny" so changed it to "YEAH FUZZY BUNNY" instead. :P

Edited by -Tj-, 22 April 2015 - 02:22 PM.

• EM1O and KilleR_OrigiNs like this

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:00 PM.

• -Tj- likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users